Author Topic: Hub chairs  (Read 1819 times)

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
Hub chairs
« on: Oct 05, 2022, 11:31 AM »
Anyone come up with a great idea for chairs in the hub shack? The camping style or Director chairs are a bit bulky and not very conducive to getting in and out of for a bigger guy needing to land the fish. Thinking about the Eskimo tripod, XL, but generally don’t like the tripod type of chair. comfortable, light and packable, durable enough for a big man. Ideas?

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hub chairs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2022, 12:08 PM »
Eskimo quad chair.  Not the most packable, but it is the most comfortable and very well built.  The tri chairs pinch your junk. They fold up like a camping chair and fit in a bag.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2022, 12:18 PM »
tripods are miserable from what ive experienced...

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2022, 12:20 PM »
Depending on the number of items we have in our hubs, I like the folding director chairs with the side table.  This has the shorter legs, is well built and has the canvas back.  Folds up flat and is not an issue to get into the hub. 

If we are limited on room, then its a bucket and seat.  This gets hard on the back, but is necessary to keep room in the hub. 

Not a fan of the tripods as noted. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2022, 01:22 PM »
Depending on the number of items we have in our hubs, I like the folding director chairs with the side table.  This has the shorter legs, is well built and has the canvas back.  Folds up flat and is not an issue to get into the hub. 

If we are limited on room, then its a bucket and seat.  This gets hard on the back, but is necessary to keep room in the hub. 

Not a fan of the tripods as noted.

Got the directors chair as you described from Harbor Freight for like 20 bucks. Love it. Doesn’t take up much room at all.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2022, 01:24 PM »
A directors chair with a full back get my vote . I have used the HT Sports chair ...it did the job.. packs well and is light . Otter just came out with Bucket seat/chair ...not sure if it will be steady enough

https://www.otteroutdoors.com/product/sidekick-jump-seat/

https://www.scheels.com/p/trophy-angler-4-season-chair/66179934192.html#q=trophy%2Bangler%2B4-season%2Bchair&lang=en_US&start=1

This was my first directors chair ...I could take it or leave the side table..but purchased one with a full back ..which is a much better choice .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Director-s-Chair-with-Side-Table-Black-Outdoor/243426372?athbdg=L1200

I have heard folks rave about the Eskimo Versa chair ...I believe it was discontinued ..its kinda the best of both worlds a sports chair and directors chair w/high back...I purchased a Eskimo Sierra last seaon with the versa seating ...all I can say is WOW ..they dont look like much ...but very comfortable

https://ardisam.com/11459-assembly-eskimo-versa-chair-finished
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2022, 03:32 PM »
Love the idea of the Otter pro seat and otter sidekick on a bucket!!!

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2022, 03:51 PM »
Picked this one up at Dunhams a couple years back & love it.
Well padded/ full 360 swivel, backrest & no arms. If my back gets stiff ill sit backwards w/ my chest against the back rest so i wont fall in da spear hole when i doze off.

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2022, 03:59 PM »
Pics didn't wanna load

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 05, 2022, 04:15 PM »
I just sit on the bucket that the traps were in. No interference jigging and hopefully I won’t need to get comfortable because the action on the traps are hot and heavy

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2022, 03:03 PM »
I checked out the otter side kick jumpseat at Scheels today. I was very impressed with how stable it was on a bucket, and how it provided back support. Also impressed with how compact they are. Maybe purchasing a couple of these this fall.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2022, 03:14 PM »
May have to check these out.  Forgot that they came out with this. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 07, 2022, 03:21 PM »
I checked out the otter side kick jumpseat at Scheels today. I was very impressed with how stable it was on a bucket, and how it provided back support. Also impressed with how compact they are. Maybe purchasing a couple of these this fall.

That looks nice... pricey, but nice. May have to invest in something like that to top the bucket. I've always just sat on the buckets, but my back is really starting to disagree with me on that. I had it go wonky on me bad enough to end my fishing a couple days last season.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Oct 07, 2022, 03:45 PM »

By chance did you happan to check out the Otter Sidekick console...opions/thoughts ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #14 on: Oct 07, 2022, 04:42 PM »
Hardwater: Yes, checked that out too. Leaning towards getting that also to get stuff off the ground in the hub or just when bucket fishing outside shacks. I typically have 2-3 buckets with me (and son) for gear anyway so serving dual purpose with seats and console eliminates some gear with the double duty. Have $225 into 2 seats, console, and two rod holders…but may be the way to go.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2022, 08:02 PM »
I have an Otter Cottage XT and the chair is very comfortable IMO.  Before I got the flip I ran just an Otter sled with a rail installed and the Pro style chair.  Loved it but heavy and no protection from the elements.  I'm considerably north of 250lbs and the seat/base hasn't flinched.  In fact I'm still using the same seat I had in the sled and the seat that came with the flip is still NIB in my garage.  I waffled over the sidekick for a year because I thought it was too much $.  Of course I eventually caved and got one.   It is solid but mine hangs off the rail in the flip (not the bucket) and I use it only for storage and organization which was its original purpose.  Not sure about the chair/sidekick combo. Looks like a different seat than the Pro Chair but they seem to make pretty solid gear.  I use the Walmart Directors Chair HD mentioned when I'm walking out without the Ski Doo.  Cheap and sturdy but not as cush as the Otter setup.  The older ya get the more comfort becomes a higher priority.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Oct 08, 2022, 05:15 AM »
CoachWalleye74 ... Thanks my main  purpose would be in my Eskimo Sierra...but the Eskimo Hub could use it as well . I too have a bucket ...my Vexilar travel case ..as long as the console is not to bulky it does fit my style of fishing ...so its on my list .

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 08, 2022, 05:38 AM »
If I really want to get comfy, I bring the folding lounge chair/cot.  But have to give up some floor space.

Eskimo Quad Chair is great, but the only thing I wish for it to be better is have a high back, for my head rest spot and just to actually hang the jacket on. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2022, 09:29 AM »
Millennium Outdoors hunting chairs, specifically their blind chairs. Probably not as portable as you like but second to none for comfort. Also not cheap. I'm a big boy and they work awesome for me.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.