Author Topic: Tourney Sign-up  (Read 4064 times)

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Tourney Sign-up
« on: Dec 10, 2005, 01:50 AM »
Alaskans!
Gotta sign up for this years Ice Shanty Tourney!  Print your tourney card, carry a digital with ya, and represent the state.  We can't let those boys from B.C. take all the catagories this year!!!!!  A couple interior lakers, a bunch o' big river burbot, some lunker bows from the Kenia area, maybe a lunker pike or 5.  COME ON GENTS!  I'm in..... anyone else?  ???
TEAM ALASKA

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
Re: Tourney Sign-up
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2005, 05:46 PM »
I would, but I lack the digital camera.  There is no way mama would let me take the digital on the ice for fear I would break it, or worse yet, jig with it!  I'll probably sign up anyway and see what I can do.  Is it within the rules to take the picture at home?

Icy Mike

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:49 PM »
nope to the last reply....fish must be measured with the card...and with the angler on the ice.....get yourself a disposable....you can then scan the pic and enter it....Grump...good luck Alaska!!

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:59 PM »
They have come out with a disposable digital camera, I think you can get them at fred meyer or wal-mart.  But I'm not sure if they have them in stock up here yet.
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2005, 09:04 PM »
It would be nice to see a catagory for Char/Dollies-I'm in

-Grizz

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Ditto to that Grizz!  Maybe include it in with rainbows? 

Come on IcyMike!!!!  You can't make excuses.  We need you on the team!  Baiter is right about the digital being cheap, or look into one of the discount camera shops online.  They sell models for next to nothing!
TEAM ALASKA

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Come on Fishermanjake. He should join if she lets him ;D Come on Fishymanjake...lets get some BIG Burbot ;)2

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2005, 11:51 PM »
Barleydog

I'm in, thanks for the reminder. Need to dust off the burbot gear and hit some of my old haunts after the New Year. Was doing some Christmas shopping at Sportsmens Warehouse today, ran into Brian at the counter. He said you were in yesterday.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2005, 04:32 AM »
Barleydog,

For the Char catagory I was thinking along the same line as you.  It might not be a bad idea to have a Char/Brookie cat. with..oh lets say an 18" min ;D  that way our Eastern bros would'nt feel left out.

-Grizz

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Kevin your in!  Good for you.  We have our anchorman!!!  Yeah Momma works there so I stop by for an hour or two for a "visit!"  It's hard to leave so I have to bring the boys, (they drag me out.) :D  Let me know if you need someone to help drill some holes when burb fishing?  Haven't been out for 2 years and need to get the dust off my jigs!

Grizz,  Your sooooo right!  It's the only widely distributed fish in AK so why not!  Come on Grump? ;D  Whatta ya'll say??

Baiter? Redneck? Kodiak Commander? GroundsluicePete? Chef Victor? FarmerGrant? BigMick!? Commonman? SummitX?  All you big posters?  and all those I missed?  Come on sign up!  Even you "cameraless Mike."
TEAM ALASKA

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Grizz,  Your sooooo right!  It's the only widely distributed fish in AK so why not!  Come on Grump?   Whatta ya'll say??......Jim.....the next thing I know, you and your bunch will be asking for muskrats to be added..... :roflmao: :roflmao:...NO NO NO....well....maybe... .but not this year....maybe we'll sell Alaska to the Russians cheap and they can decide!!!...whatta ya think of that???...Huh???.. :roflmao: :roflmao:Grump

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Grump,

Muskrat..nah but maybe Beaver 8) 

I might have to relocate to BC  if that deal ever went through.  Speaking of Canada, I thought Canadiens were big Char/Brookie fisherman?  Browns are in the Char family anyway.  Ah heck, gotta try :-\

-Grizz

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Im in, should be fun!!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2005, 11:25 PM »
Welcome on board Alaskanate! ;) 

Grizz is right Grump!  Plus Char, brookies, browns, bows, cutts, etc.... they're all in Canada eh?  Shouldn't they deserve a little credit and get a spot along side the "glory" trout.

Mushrats eh!  Smart Arse!!! :D :D :D   
TEAM ALASKA

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2005, 11:44 PM »
OK guys!  I'm signing up after this post.  I will look into the disposable digital cameras or see if I can put in a little OT and buy a cheap one to stash in the old 5 gallon bucket.  Here goes...

Icy Mike

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Fishermanjake has signed up for the tourney :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 14, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Atta boy Icy Mike!  That's the spirit. ;)  YeaAAAh to OT, boooo to fishing.
TEAM ALASKA

grumpymoe

« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Nice to see TGF excited.......barebum. ...carefull... :roflmao:....like I said TGF...bring in the imports to see if Team B.C. and now....Team Alaska can hold the candle while the Team Manitoba gang hoist in the the biguns!!!.....Grump

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 15, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Grump, Go ahead and think TeamTOBA will take it all this year. :cookoo:  You should, with all your "ringers" catchin' all those "sand carp" or "greenbacks", I'm shocked you guys didn't make a special  catagory for catfish!!  :woot::D  We'll get a team assembled yet, and when we do.....  BE SCARED!  BE VERY SCARED! :blink: :blink:
TEAM ALASKA

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2005, 04:49 AM »
Nice to see TGF excited.......barebum. ...carefull... :roflmao:....like I said TGF...bring in the imports to see if Team B.C. and now....Team Alaska can hold the candle while the Team Manitoba gang hoist in the the biguns!!!.....Grump

I'm looking forward to at least some competition this year from Alaska. I've seen pics of Fishymanjakes burbot and they are similar to ours. He didn't register last year for tourney, and this year he is in :clap:. Why heck we didn't get any competition in the burbot category from Manitoba last year :woot:. Its just been all talk and no fish in the past from Manitoba ??? :blink:

Offline Redneck5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Barleydog, I am thinking about putting out some tip ups during my lunch hours. The wife is on her way Iraq so I don't have anyone to have lunch with :'( Make sure you are near the phone so I can call you to come take my picture when I pull in the Pike that will shoot our team to the top.

Have we got a name for our team? Can't be Team Alaska because it is a spin off from Team NY.
Here is my .02:
Sourdough Fish Slayers
Sourdough Icemen
Frozen Iceholes

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2005, 10:15 PM »
How about the name being call "TEAM Your-all-just-jealous-because-you-don't-have-as-long-of-an-ice-fishing-season-as-we-do-in-Alaska!"

Icy Mike

Offline Redneck5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 22, 2005, 12:51 AM »
That's a good one Mike ;D, or

"My-a**-hurts-so-much-from-sitting-on-a-bucket-for-so-many-months-icefishing".
"I-sit-on-a-bucket-6 months-of-the-year-icefishing- :D"
"Mine comes up more times a year then yours :tipup:"
"Help-I-can't-get-off-my-bucket"
"I-spend-more-time-on-hardwater-then-dry-land"
"Hold-all-my-calls-until-April-when-I-get-off-the-ice"
Our Motto:
Alaskan do it on the ice 6 months of the year!! ;)[move]

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:50 PM »
All great suggestions eh!  I love it!!!!  No problem with the camera Redneck.  Give me a call and I'll bring the camera, heck I'll even post it for ya!
 ;)  May need a return favor!
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.