Author Topic: auger blade replacement???  (Read 504 times)

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
auger blade replacement???
« on: Oct 26, 2020, 04:25 PM »
I just upgraded from a 8 inch mora strike master hand auger to a stingray gas auger. I have a spare set of blades for the mora. The spacing for the screws seems to be the same and the blades appear to be same shape and angles. Although not "chipper" blades, will the mora blades work on the stingray?
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: auger blade replacement???
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2020, 05:07 PM »
If they fit and have the same angle they should work.
<===Lefty===

Offline spankmyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2020, 06:00 PM »
Anything with power is better than arm strong power. I have the same 8" mora auger mounted to a clam conversion kit with a HD drill. It works awesome! Faster than any gas auger. Be sure to get the Sweden made blades. The China ones dull way too fast. China ones do not have any stamping indicating where their made from if I remember correctly. I thought Strikemaster switched back to the Sweden ones due to all the complaints, I could be wrong on that. You wont need chippers IMHO.
DREAM TO FISH

Offline FishDoktor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:22 PM »
Anything with power is better than arm strong power. I have the same 8" mora auger mounted to a clam conversion kit with a HD drill. It works awesome! Faster than any gas auger. Be sure to get the Sweden made blades. The China ones dull way too fast. China ones do not have any stamping indicating where their made from if I remember correctly. I thought Strikemaster switched back to the Sweden ones due to all the complaints, I could be wrong on that. You wont need chippers IMHO.

I picked up some Strikemaster brand replacement blades last year for my lazer (also on a clam plate; 6" with a Ryobi drill and 9 ah battery the thing has been an absolute champ). I got them at Cabela's and they were Swedish made. It would appear that they did switch back. That being said, there may still be some China ones out there lurking so do keep an eye on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.