The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Shanty Rental  (Read 9095 times)

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ice Shanty Rental
« on: Oct 18, 2005, 07:22 AM »
My Son and I would like to take my Dad on a weekend ice fishing trip in northern Wisconsin this winter.  He can't tolerate the cold much anymore so I'll need to keep him comfortable.  Can anyone recommend a place that rents Ice Shantys in a decent fishing spot?  Doesn't matter what we fish for so long as we catch something. 
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Re: Ice Shanty Rental
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2005, 05:10 PM »
I know you are asking for up north but i did find one in Madison Wi.
D&s Bait,Tackle,Archery
www.dsbait.com/ice fishing

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2005, 06:09 PM »
There are also a few outfitters in Green Lake that rent shanties (on Big Green Lake).  They fish mostly for lakers.  They drive you out and pick up you up in a day or two.  I can't remember the names of the places but they should not be that difficult to find.

Icy Mike

Offline newoodhntr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2005, 08:59 PM »
Gillgrabber, you can try Kurt's Island Sport Shop in Minocqua, WI. 715-356-3806 .He offers Guide service for ice fishing and I'm sure he could fill you in on some rentals. He has a web site but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it. Do a seach and you should find it. He usually posts weekly fishing reports all year long. Newoodhntr

Offline baune13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2005, 04:49 PM »
I would check out the Hayward area if I were you.  try this site www.haywardlakes.com

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2005, 08:23 PM »
I checked with a friend of mine who is a guide in the summer by Hayward and he wasn't sure anyone that rentes out shacks up there but that don't meen that there isn't. I think that he stays up more on summer musky

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2005, 02:18 PM »
I found this while messing around on different sites. www.poppsresort.com says they are starting to rent out shacks cost ?  thay also have accomadations there also. and a tourrnament the second week in feb

Offline sqwerty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:26 PM »
id rent ya a 16' winnebago converted to a shanty on whatever kinda lake you want....panfish....tra de lake by Grantsburg....northern s.....on devils lake outta Webster...walleye...lo ng lake by New Auburn... (Eau Claire) just let me know a week in advance and ill leave it all there...TV and all....send ya a key with your check!!!!

Offline mr_Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:40 PM »
id drive up too the apple river near Amery wisconsin for a day of fast actoin gill fishing im pretty sure there not stay overone but im surer theres some there to rent and the fishing is fast and furious. but most of the fish are pretty small its still a lot of fun

CoRy

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Icy Mike and Gillgrabber
Norton's of Green Lake are the guys who will hook you up with shacks for lakers and other species.  It's a good deal for a good price....  Grew up there, and loved fishing "Big Green!"  BIG shacks with all the plush stuff to go with it.
-Barleydog
TEAM ALASKA

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2005, 08:52 AM »
thanks barley ive been looking for rentals also i will look into green lake. surprised there isnt more resorts in wisconsin seems like minnesota has  dozens on every lake
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Offline mobile_man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2007, 12:25 PM »
id rent ya a 16' winnebago converted to a shanty on whatever kinda lake you want....panfish....tra de lake by Grantsburg....northern s.....on devils lake outta Webster...walleye...lo ng lake by New Auburn... (Eau Claire) just let me know a week in advance and ill leave it all there...TV and all....send ya a key with your check!!!!
THATS A BIG RESPONSIBILITY........ ................

Offline jusedcars111

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2017, 10:11 AM »
i live in cushing would like to rent your house tomarrow 1-15-2017 on a close panfish lake .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.