Author Topic: Ice  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Jesus walked on water...once I do it every year
Ice
« on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:29 PM »
Checked a couple places today and wasn't good.Where I was last week at4" was only 2" and rotten.Guys were fishing at wayway on supposed 4-5" and I went thru with Spud in two whacks looked about 2".Guys had just gotten off the ice according to people in lot.Small lake in Sparta mt had people on it fishing but I didn't bother to check thickness because I don't walk on 2". Adirondacks here I come.

Offline Icehoggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:07 PM »
We hear it over and over again not worth it definitely not worth it

Offline jigger man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2020, 06:04 PM »
 I have seen crazies on Budd lake . I want fish in the box NOT ME .

Offline Sub Zero

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2020, 07:03 AM »
Checked a couple places today and wasn't good.Where I was last week at4" was only 2" and rotten.Guys were fishing at wayway on supposed 4-5" and I went thru with Spud in two whacks looked about 2".Guys had just gotten off the ice according to people in lot.Small lake in Sparta mt had people on it fishing but I didn't bother to check thickness because I don't walk on 2". Adirondacks here I come.

Thanks for sharing. I live down here in Somerset County and rely on posts like yours. Definitely saves me time and gas!
People think we're crazy but we know better!

Offline Chrisper4694

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2020, 01:35 PM »
my freaking back and shoulder are tired from all the spudding this weekend....we found areas to fish, but if you took 5 steps in the wrong direction without spudding you were risking going through.  we had to extensively check the entire area we wanted to fish...leaving we had to jump the collapsing shoreline... might be the end i'm thinking  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.