IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Hyfax rails

(1/5) > >>

Ronnie D:
Tree branch fell on da shed & crushed a smitty that i just built last summer.
Not up for another build so I'm going w/ da jet sleds. My question is : do hyfax kit make for an easier drag or are they used for wear &  tear. I really don't want to spend 60.00 to prevent wear on a 75.00 sled.
Swift Tines

meandcuznalfy:
Dam, that sucks, I think they just help with wear and tear on the sled.

jrjach75:
I put some uhmw runners on my sled last season after 2 or 3 seasons without. I just used homemade, cut strips from a sheet rescued out of the scrap bin.
On concrete or bare ice, no question it slides a lot easier. Once there was snow/slush or pulling through the woods there wasn’t any difference, but it didn’t hurt either.
My sled was getting thin spots in the rear corners, hoping these runners give me a few more seasons with it.

hardwater diehard:
In moderate snow conditions 4 inches or less there is a difference ...after that its best to use a Smitty Sled .Also the sled will tend to track better when pulled behind an ATV/snowmoble with the hyfax/runner kit.

DR.SPECKLER:
I dont think they make it pull easier at all really.saves the sled but a smitty is a great improvement for pulling and protects the sled.I would build another smitty before hyfax.jmo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version