Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Tipnspin tipups @ tipnspin.com

(1/4) > >>

cap:
MY Tip n' Spin traps froze up this weekend. Is there a way to put grease/lube in them? If so, how do I do it?

Or............ should I just think of them as warm weather traps?

Thanks....

HardwaterFish:
Tip N' Spins....warm weather only. To be honest I retired the few I had for good, not impressed with them at all.

Have you ever experienced a fish burning line off of one of them traps? My experience with this was awful, the weight associated with the "flag" makes the trap top heavy and if it gets spinning fast enough the reel starts binding....Not a good design IMO

cap:
Actually I like them alot.....they have one of the most sensitive triggers...and when they go off I can see if the fish is running because I can see the "flag"...the black/orange styrofoam fish "flag" spinning....I like that alot...like the polar traps tee's spinning.........and they stick up above the snow (which the polars don't) ...so I like them...if they work like they are supposed to work...

sure they are'nt the best best traps for all applications....I have jacks, heritage, 40-up, allagash, polars, beaver dams, etc ...and others...including a finicky fish factory....

so....I have plenty of other traps to play with.....I just would like these to not freeze up....do you know how to fix them?

HardwaterFish:

--- Quote from: cap on Jan 24, 2012, 07:15 PM ---Actually I like them alot.....they have one of the most sensitive triggers...and when they go off I can see if the fish is running because I can see the "flag"...the black/orange styrofoam fish "flag" spinning....I like that alot...like the polar traps tee's spinning.........and they stick up above the snow (which the polars don't) ...so I like them...if they work like they are supposed to work...

sure they are'nt the best best traps for all applications....I have jacks, heritage, 40-up, allagash, polars, beaver dams, etc ...and others...including a finicky fish factory....

so....I have plenty of other traps to play with.....I just would like these to not freeze up....do you know how to fix them?

--- End quote ---

Keep them in the garage..LOL. Sorry man, I dont.

jacksmelt71:
gave mine away. get some heritages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version