Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Custom rod purchase

(1/5) > >>

shawno:
Just curious if anyone has purchased a TUCR rod?  If so any recommendations?  I’m interested in purchasing a dead stick rod and a rod with a soft tip for perch/smaller walleye.  I would also consider Haat Rods as well. Thanks!

https://tunedupcustomrods.com/product-category/ice-rods/

https://www.haatrods.com/#ice-fishing-rods

ran7ger:
 shawn, i've hymned and hawwed over a tucr for years now.  there is lots of good info on their rods on the youtube series 'in-depth outdoors'.  the price is off putting but considering there are lots of stock ice rods approaching $100 these days i don't think it's too crazy.

i tried ordering one a few years back around early december and the guy there told me it would be close to the end of the ice season before i'd receive it so i held off.  instead i bought a 24" medium jason mitchell meat stick.  it has an ultra fast neon tip for the first 4" or so then enough back bone to land a decent walleye or pike should the need arise.  for perch it's as good as i'll ever need, paired with a small pflueger president comes in less than $100 altogether.

for larger perch lures and eater walleyes i've got a 13 fishing tickle stick that also has a very light, fast tip.  they are around $60 i think and i consider money well spent.  have caught 4" perch and 25" walleye on that set up.

missoulafish:
Saw these rods for the first time in Scheels in Montana. They had two types, one with a foam handle and one with cork. Neither had a reel seat and they cost 130$. The foam handle looked like it had been cut with a dull knife. They get a hard no from me when yu can spend a bit more and get a real, customized rod.

ran7ger:
good point, i forgot about the lack of reel seat.  that is a big turn off.  should be an option on a "custom" rod.

shawno:
Thanks guys for the input. I appreciate it. While price is always a consideration, I’m a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I guess for those kinds of dollars you could get into a St. Croix ice rod. Although, I have to admit I have been pretty happy with my Fenwick rod and I paid about 1/2 the price.  ;D

shawno

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version