The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Tecumseh TC 300 2HP Problem, any ideas??  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Tecumseh TC 300 2HP Problem, any ideas??
« on: Dec 26, 2004, 02:37 PM »
I've had a small problem with my Eskimo 'Cuda TC 300, almost since it was new.  If I leave fuel in the tank, the fuel runs through then engine and sits in the exhaust.  I can have 1/2 of a tank drain through over the course of a few days.   I know a lot of people with the engine and there's are all fine.  I called my local Techumseh service shop and they said that the needle was hanging open, and that a simple cleaning would suffice.  Well I have been through the carb and the problem is still the same.  One thing I noticed is that there was no spring on the needle to close it, am I missing a part here??  What else could be wrong??  I've looked hard for a small fuel shut off valve, but I cannot find one for that small of fuel line.  The auger runs great otherwise, any help????

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
Re: Tecumseh TC 300 2HP Problem, any ideas??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2004, 04:25 PM »
Traxion
To my knowledge their is No spring on the needle and seat. 2 choices to try, replace the needle and seat or try adjusting the needle and seat. To adjust it just ever so slightly bend the tab that holds the needle in the seat so it closes tighter. Bending it towards the needle will close it tighter.  Before you try this though Take the carb bowl or diaphram off to get to the needle then with your finger lightly press the needle closed, now blow through the fuel inlet line. If air bypasses around the needle the needle is shot if not try adjusting it then run the auger. shut it off and see if you still have a fuel leak. As long as you have it apart get some Gumout and spray the seat and needle to clean it. one little speck of dirt will keep it from sealing allowing the fuel leak. Also make sure there is no varnish buildup in the needle and seat area I use a set of tourch tip cleaners and run it through the needle hole. Be very carefull of doing this if you change the diameter of the hole or damage the seat you will have to replace it . Small engine or snowmobile shops should have small shutoffs for the line you have, some of these shutoffs are used on string line trimmers.
ColdFeet

bassman_8829

Re: Tecumseh TC 300 2HP Problem, any ideas??
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2004, 06:05 PM »
hey there should be a little spring youll have to get a carb kit to get a new spring. take carb into your dealer and he'll get ya the kit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.