Author Topic: Out of state ice vacationer requesting local help  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Fool4fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Out of state ice vacationer requesting local help
« on: Aug 22, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Hey all i am an ohio ice hound and vacationer i try to pick a new state and ice fish a full week every year. due to the extreme distance i want to try and fly in to boise for a life goal perch trip to cascade with my fiance this coming season. I am looking for good folks to fish with i was able to lock down 2 days with a guide but would really enjoy being able to get out on my own problem is sno go rental prices are unreal for my budget with flying in rental car and lodging we can use the guide for 2 people for the price of just the sno go for a day problem is the guide only had 2 weekend days available due to him being a teacher so my question is are there any members who would be able to provide me with some on ice transport for a handsome tip? I have great adequate gear n i can walk a county mile but the ol lady isnt the most fit and i want her to enjoy herself not exhaust her to the point she doesnt want to join me again i am blessed she is willing and she is very excited for a tanker perch so i understand its early in season but this is very important to us to get started on and try to be patient and wait for replies in exchange for this help i am willing to guide ice or softwater world class walleye fishing on lake erie or any ohio targets i know

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Out of state ice vacationer requesting local help
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:22 AM »
Plenty of friendly folks on here. I'm guessing someone will be able to help you out once this site gets active again (as snow season gets closer). I would be willing to fish with you a few days if I'm available, but I cannot guaranty transportation. Cascade can be a very finicky place when it comes to transportation. Last year was miserable even for many snowmobiles due to deep snow and slushy/layered conditions. The predictions I'm hearing so far is that this year will be even worse.

Offline GrimReaper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2017, 11:38 PM »
What are the dates you are looking for transport?

Offline Fool4fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2017, 10:09 PM »
I have the last sat and sun in jan. 27 n 28 bookes with guide i believe i would be looking two days before or after whichever can work out thanks

Offline Beerman44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2017, 05:56 PM »
My status on the forum makes me a "newbie" and from this it appears I cannot send you a personal message but I am hopeful that perhaps I can receive one. I will help you out if we can get in touch. I have to work that weekend but get in touch with me and we can visit.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2017, 07:48 PM »
once you guys get 3 posts you can use the messaging function. Beerman, youre good to go, Fool4, go make one more post or reply to this:)

Offline Fool4fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2017, 02:10 PM »
Thanks missoula

Offline AverysAdventure

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:42 AM »
I will be fishing the 29th and 30th and you're more than welcome to join us.  But like Hook says I can't promise transportation.  I run 4 wheelers and there are days they won't work and I have to walk.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.