The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Plowed Roads?  (Read 1313 times)

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
Plowed Roads?
« on: Feb 27, 2019, 10:16 PM »
Anyone know of any lakes that have any plowed roads? Particularly in the Central MN area. Now that Walleye season is closed and fish houses needing to be removed this weekend, probably won't be many people out plowing roads anymore, but just thought I'd ask, looking for options to get out this weekend and chase some panfish.

Offline marquette

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Plowed Roads?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2019, 09:46 AM »
I was on Osakis this past weekend and access to the north end was pretty good.  Several houses coming and going so a lot of packed down trails.  The below zero temps had frozen any slush so that wasn’t an issue but roads were rough.  We were using a portable so drilling holes wasn’t an issue but if you need to drill through a house then between snow and ice thickness plan on using 2 extensions. 

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Plowed Roads?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Cool, thanks for the info. I was on Limestone lake, a small lake by Clearwater, and someone had plowed a road out there to get their fish house off. I imagine after this next snowstorm this weekend(do they ever end?!?) any available roads will be locked back up, and not sure if anyone will be re-opening them after that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.