Author Topic: A-mazing Trout  (Read 3533 times)

Offline NickP

• Team IceShanty Regular
A-mazing Trout
« on: Jan 31, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Personal Recsipe I threw together one day for cooking trout on the grill

Gut fish- Cut off fins if you like
Cut a half an onion and dice half up and some coarser- line the bottom of the tin with pieces here and there, take your tomatoe and do the same, Take half a potatoe and do the same, take your one piece of garlic and do the same but sparinly.
Sparcely coat the fish in adobe all purpose seasoning.
Lay the fish on your spread of veggies and do the same to the other side (remember to stuff the guts/stomach area with this mix as well)
Add 1-2 spoons of water.
Close your foil wrap nice and tight.
Throw it on your hot grill and flip half way through.

It takes some working out but this is for one fish in the 12-15in range. The "side" of potatoe and tomatoe and onion is great toe at as well- you should come out with a fish that you can pull the bone out of in one slow pull- if you get this done right its effortless- if it doesnt come out real easy throw her back on for a minute or two. This is an absolutely amazing recipe and works well with bass and makes bluefish worth eating (under 18in)

This is my favorite way to eat treat and keeps them semi juicy but not dry at all- not soaking wet like if you would fry them for two short a time.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
Re: A-mazing Trout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2006, 09:20 PM »
My favorite way to cook salmon/trout is similar to that. Gut the fish, cut the head off. Then make a tin foil packet and season it with a little salt,pepper,garlic and add in thin slices of lemon and a bunch of butter and put the packet on the grille. Its awesome this way too!

Offline NickP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Right on man- Now All I need is to mark some trout on the vex  :P Im gettin better at it too  8) Wish the ice would start to get better.

Offline habaneromoon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2007, 03:47 PM »
i fillet my trout, soak in milk and dip in a mix of fine cornmeal,flour,garlic powder,onion powder and oldbay. fry in a 50/50 mix of bacon grease and butter. eat with tartar sauce made with mayo, lemon juice, DILL pickle relish and capers. ;D

Offline cavedave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2007, 04:40 PM »
My favorite way to cook salmon/trout is similar to that. Gut the fish, cut the head off. Then make a tin foil packet and season it with a little salt,pepper,garlic and add in thin slices of lemon and a bunch of butter and put the packet on the grille. Its awesome this way too!

Same way i make it!

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2007, 04:50 PM »
I fillet the trout and lay the fillets skin side down on the grill. I drizzle zesty italian seasoning on the fillets at the start of grilling and once or twice during. Barbecue on Med. to Med.High for about 8-10 minutes, until fish flakes easily. Simple and easy and oh so tasty!!
Later,
Glen

Offline Big E

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2007, 06:38 PM »
My favorite way is to get a piece of foil, slice an onion...lay some on the foil.  Place fish on the onions.  Season gut with Rosemary and Thyme, stuff with onion slices cut in half, and two pats of butter.  On top of the fish place orange slices and drizzle some of the orange juice over the top from the leftover orange ends.  Cover with another piece of foil and seal.  Place in 375 degree over for approx 20 minutes.

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2007, 01:06 PM »
I prefer to butterfly trout and bread them with seasoned bread crumbs or panko and fry in butter.  Whisk a little fresh garlic, lemon juice and chopped capers into the remaining butter and pour over the fish.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2007, 05:44 PM »
i fillet my trout, soak in milk and dip in a mix of fine cornmeal,flour,garlic powder,onion powder and oldbay. fry in a 50/50 mix of bacon grease and butter. eat with tartar sauce made with mayo, lemon juice, DILL pickle relish and capers. ;D

that sounds really good !!    :laugh:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Nitro_372

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2007, 06:18 PM »
how do you butterfly trout ???

Offline wardawg1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2007, 07:36 PM »
how do you butterfly trout ???
Nitro check your email. I sent you a pdf file on how to butter fly trout, its really easy once you get used to it. Enjoy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.