New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD  (Read 223565 times)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD
« Reply #870 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:33 AM »
Taking a buddy and his son out for their first hard water experiences. Thought southern end of Saratoga would be a good fit. But, i don't know what fishing "off Brown's" means. Is the parking the beach parking lot across from Panza's?

Offline Jazzangler442

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #871 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:48 AM »
Yes it is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #872 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Great, thanks for the information Jazz

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #873 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Thinking of hitting browns today around dusk and other quacks going to be out?!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #874 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:07 AM »
I am crazy enough to do it, but i have custody tonight.
Tight lines!

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #875 on: Jan 07, 2018, 10:25 AM »
An amazing number of guys braving the cold this morning on the south end.  A WORD OF WARNING. I just saw two cars at the end of Luther Road (town of Stillwater, where the White Sulfur Springs Hotel once was) with parking tickets.  It used to be that Malta was the one that would get you for parking within 4' of the pavement.  Now apparently the town of Stillwater (for the last few years) is doing the same thing.  So either park at Brown's or a friend's but stay off the pavement.

Offline Northeastangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #876 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Went out off fitch this morning and stayed all day, cold but low winds definitely helped. Managed a couple slob gills and perch, couple bass on the tip ups.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #877 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:17 PM »
An amazing number of guys braving the cold this morning on the south end.  A WORD OF WARNING. I just saw two cars at the end of Luther Road (town of Stillwater, where the White Sulfur Springs Hotel once was) with parking tickets.  It used to be that Malta was the one that would get you for parking within 4' of the pavement.  Now apparently the town of Stillwater (for the last few years) is doing the same thing.  So either park at Brown's or a friend's but stay off the pavement.
  I hope whoever got those tickets will fight them in court! If they were parked that far off the road why would they get a ticket if there were no "No Parking signs.. I would call the police department and ask exactly how far off the road is acceptable. Something not right!

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #878 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:13 PM »
They weren't off the road at all.  Just parked close to the snowbank that the plow left. 

Note the sign just past Stewarts going north which says no parking on Stillwater roads from November through April(?).

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #879 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Thanks! Good to no Information that I'm sure a lot of people didn't no! I sure didn't! I think most of the roads around the lake all have no parking signs! Do they still park up on Fitch?

Offline lakesteve

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #880 on: Jan 09, 2018, 06:29 AM »
9P is a state road, was it a trooper that issued the tickets? It seems to be a mix of sheriff's and troopers that patrol the lake.

You pass through three jurisdictions before hitting the bridge. Immediately after Browns Beach on 9P, Malta becomes Stillwater, then you have the town of Saratoga briefly and then the city of Saratoga.

Offline trueweekendwarrior

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #881 on: Jan 09, 2018, 02:41 PM »
I did see the cars on Sunday, they were definitely parked pretty far into the road.  I saw Saratoga County Sheriffs near the vehicles.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #882 on: Jan 10, 2018, 04:47 PM »
9P is a state road, was it a trooper that issued the tickets? It seems to be a mix of sheriff's and troopers that patrol the lake.

You pass through three jurisdictions before hitting the bridge. Immediately after Browns Beach on 9P, Malta becomes Stillwater, then you have the town of Saratoga briefly and then the city of Saratoga.
The cars were not on 9P.  They were a little way up Luther Road, just past the old spring house.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #883 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:41 AM »

And don't forget the Park Police.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #884 on: Jan 12, 2018, 04:13 PM »
is there a fishing contest on Saratoga Lake on the 20th of this month??? ???

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #885 on: Jan 13, 2018, 01:56 PM »
I see people out and about on the webcam. Any issues accessing the ice from Browns? Looks like there’s some standing water at the shore

Offline boofish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #886 on: Jan 13, 2018, 02:11 PM »
is there a fishing contest on Saratoga Lake on the 20th of this month??? ???
  You may be seeing information for the derby on Saratoga Lake in Wyoming.  That is on the 20th.

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #887 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Any ice reports on browns, up by fitch and state launch after the melt? Looking to go out tomorrow?
weekend hooker!

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #888 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:58 PM »
There's a nasty looking 20 yard wide wet patch that runs about 50 yards off shore to the north and west of brown's.  However, there were a few guys out there this afternoon so they got over it somehow.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #889 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Thanks buz. Hoping to take my daughter there Monday. Maybe the 36 hours of cold will cure that

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #890 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:55 PM »
Thanks for the update. My buddy was plowing earlier said he seen people on wheelers on the north end
weekend hooker!

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #891 on: Jan 15, 2018, 02:13 PM »
nasty looking wet patch by shore on our way out on a mid lake location yesterday.  We spudded and it was all solid underneath the water, waded through about 8 inches of water to get on the good ice.  On the way back out the shore ice had frozen enough where the water was to support my weight.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #892 on: Jan 15, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Yeah that afternoon thaw was something. Was solid when I got there in the AM, but left around 1:30pm and it was ankle deep water and slush. Glad to here it refroze for your way out. I am sure that it will stay locked up until at least after this weekend with the cold temps last night

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #893 on: Jan 16, 2018, 11:52 AM »
was on at Fitch Rd yesterday  there is a 50 yard stretch of 6' deep water on top of the ice   it is froze over enough to walk on no problem  would not recommend trying to drive on

Offline delay18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #894 on: Jan 16, 2018, 04:05 PM »
Anyone know if you can park at the waterfront park off crescent ave and get on the lake there?
Rob

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #895 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Anyone know if you can park at the waterfront park off crescent ave and get on the lake there?

Yes you can. The city plows it during the winter.  :thumbsup:

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #896 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:07 AM »
Fished off Fitch yesterday afternoon, very pleasant fishing, but catching was poor - lots of bass, a few puny gills and a bunch of lookers.

Do not try to drive on - edge is open, mini-van got on, but had to be towed out when it broke through and got stuck on the way off - plenty of ice once you get out 15-20 ft. from shore.

Offline P.B.R

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #897 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Do they allow you to drive off of Brown's if it is safe to do so?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #898 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:08 PM »
Do they allow you to drive off of Brown's if it is safe to do so?

no they don't, besides, just walk. Don't try to ruin it for everyone else.

Offline P.B.R

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #899 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:05 PM »
Well dick I think I was pretty clear asking if they allow you to drive off of there access wasn't planning on crashing the gate and giving them the finger on the way by

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.