New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD  (Read 223569 times)

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
Re: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD
« Reply #630 on: Jan 28, 2017, 07:07 AM »
There is an Ice Shanty 3/4 of the way sunken on the South End of the lake.

http://www.saratogalakecam.com/2.JPG

http://www.saratogalakecam.com/3.JPG

Its almost completely under now. You can Barely see the bump on the live cam. I should go try to mark it with my gps before its completely gone to fish that new structure come open water again  @)

Offline Ziehnertfish007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #631 on: Jan 29, 2017, 08:48 PM »
Fished off of Fitch road today. Caught 4 pickerel and 1 bass in about two hours of fishing. Ice is maybe 5-7 inches from the shoreline out a few hundred yards. There is a open water spot if you go out further than that. Tried out some new jaw jackers today. They actually worked extremely well and every time they went off had a fish on

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #632 on: Jan 30, 2017, 04:30 AM »
There's 20 yds of water off Brown's, access is gone unless we get a good refreeze.  The little stream to the left of Brown's that comes in from the swamp on the other side of 9P has had a big effect.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #633 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:38 PM »
Got myself a 7' 2x6" board to access the solid ice from shore and ventured out today. 4.5" was the thinnest in where I drilled with most holes between 5.5-6" of ice. Saw a handful of people fishing off of Fitch's rd throughout the morning. Fishing picked up right where it left off last week. Got a few walleyes (2.4 & 2.8 lbs) after the cloud cover rolled in. Also caught a PB perch (1.4 lbs) and a 3.5lb Largemouth. Cant complain for a Tuesday morning.

Offline jordanauclaire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #634 on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:31 AM »
How is the ice on browns beach ? and around the lake last week the rain crushed the shower lines I wanna get back on to the walleyes out there.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #635 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:11 PM »
How is the ice on browns beach ? and around the lake last week the rain crushed the shower lines I wanna get back on to the walleyes out there.

I don't drive by the southern end of the lake but According to the live cam it doesn't look like there's access to the ice yet. Shoreline still looks real weak. I put think link to the live cam below:

http://www.saratogalakecam.com

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #636 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:17 PM »
I have several plowing accounts down on the southern end of saratoga lake. Today when I went by brown's beach, there wasn't a single soul out there...and even with the snow cover on top, the shore lines were soaked a good 30' out from shore. Also, straight out off stony point, the lake is wide open. No idea what is going on at the North end. Haven't been up at that end in weeks. Just posting what I saw.

Offline ricoeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #637 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:04 PM »
guys,  never fished Saratoga Lake...visiting family and would like to come off Fitch rd...how's the ice there...I primarily fish Oneida Lake...looking forward to fish Saratoga as it seems similar to Oneida...any info would be helpful...thank you and good fishing

Offline Walkin624

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #638 on: Feb 02, 2017, 03:01 PM »
How's the ice off of Browns?  Want to go out in the morning and not sure if the shore is good.
A bad day fishin still beats a good day at work!!

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #639 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:10 PM »
guys,  never fished Saratoga Lake...visiting family and would like to come off Fitch rd...how's the ice there...I primarily fish Oneida Lake...looking forward to fish Saratoga as it seems similar to Oneida...any info would be helpful...thank you and good fishing

Saw a few people getting on at fitch today so I assume the shore is decent enough.
How's the ice off of Browns?  Want to go out in the morning and not sure if the shore is good.
No one out today.  Shoreline was soaked quite a ways out. Pretty sketchy looking.

Offline Walkin624

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #640 on: Feb 02, 2017, 07:19 PM »
Thanks a lot. 
A bad day fishin still beats a good day at work!!

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #641 on: Feb 03, 2017, 08:20 AM »
I took a drive around the lake this morning and found conditions extremely depressing.  I thought the recent colder nights would lock things up again - WRONG.  There is a huge area open at the north end of the lake, from the Kaydeross over towards (and getting near to ) Fitch.  Fish creek is completely open.  There is a large polynya off Silver Beach.  No one out of South end, no access at Brown's.

There's a handful of guys of Fitch and a couple guys who made it out from the Kayak launch, but the south wind is blowing pretty good.  I'm afraid we aren't going to have ice much longer.

Offline jordanauclaire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #642 on: Feb 03, 2017, 09:40 AM »
I made it out yesterday on the north side I managed to jig up two descent walleyes one 16  and 18 right before dark the is is pretty thin 20 yards off shore .

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #643 on: Feb 03, 2017, 09:50 AM »
I took a drive around the lake this morning and found conditions extremely depressing.  I thought the recent colder nights would lock things up again - WRONG.  There is a huge area open at the north end of the lake, from the Kaydeross over towards (and getting near to ) Fitch.  Fish creek is completely open.  There is a large polynya off Silver Beach.  No one out of South end, no access at Brown's.

There's a handful of guys of Fitch and a couple guys who made it out from the Kayak launch, but the south wind is blowing pretty good.  I'm afraid we aren't going to have ice much longer.

That's not good.  I hope it's not going to be another March female walleye slaughter in the creek again.  These warmer winters are definitely pushing the eyes into the creek on the pre-spawn much earlier making them vulnerable before the 15th :-\   Hopefully DEC can get a rule change on the books in a couple years to close the creek off to fishing starting in like January to protect the fish. 

Offline iFish365

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #644 on: Feb 03, 2017, 10:15 AM »
the more we talk about it the more people will show up... just sayin

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #645 on: Feb 04, 2017, 12:06 PM »
So far slow and windy day 7 inches on South end of lake some areas less use caution spud around

Offline Walleyes killers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #646 on: Feb 04, 2017, 08:35 PM »
Is there a tournament on this lake on the 11th? Any info will be gratefully appreciated.

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #647 on: Feb 05, 2017, 05:08 AM »
If you're talking about the Quaker Springs FD Tourney on the 11th, it's on the Hudson at  Coveville - Rte 4, 4 mile south of Schuylerville   

Offline Walleyes killers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #648 on: Feb 05, 2017, 04:39 PM »
On the Hudson? Huh yea maybe thats the one I just heard something about a tournament wasn't sure thought it was on Saratoga. That is for the info I appreciate it

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #649 on: Feb 05, 2017, 06:24 PM »
Must be a catch and release tournament?  How do they run it?

Offline rayban

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #650 on: Feb 06, 2017, 07:42 AM »
Must be a catch and release tournament?  How do they run it?

This is their Facebook event about it.https://www.facebook.com/events/1235558589869408/

Offline slabcommander

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #651 on: Feb 06, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Ya some of you guys talk too much. Any good walleye guy on that lake ain't sharing a lick on here lol. You know who you are.....creeks closed next year party over.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #652 on: Feb 06, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Ya some of you guys talk too much. Any good walleye guy on that lake ain't sharing a lick on here lol. You know who you are.....creeks closed next year party over.

Yup! Creek is closed for the easy pickers next year! No more stealing breeders!

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #653 on: Feb 06, 2017, 08:01 PM »
The creek it's self closed how about the guys coming down the creek in row boats fishing the mouth in the lake  ??

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #654 on: Feb 06, 2017, 08:34 PM »
The creek it's self closed how about the guys coming down the creek in row boats fishing the mouth in the lake  ??

That's going to be off limits as well. They are shortening the walleye season on Saratoga by 2 weeks completely. Doesn't matter if they are caught in the lake or the creek, they will be out of season starting next year. If I recall, walleye season on Saratoga will close march 1st instead of the 15th.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #655 on: Feb 07, 2017, 06:36 AM »
That is correct and about time.       Last year was a joke with hundreds of people lining the creek.  Had a talk with a guy who had a triple limit.    Had a 4 and 5 year old with him Saying that they caught thier limits to.     I hope it gets I forced.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #656 on: Feb 07, 2017, 06:49 AM »
Closed to ALL fishing, then it will be easy to enforce...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #657 on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:54 AM »
That is correct and about time.       Last year was a joke with hundreds of people lining the creek.  Had a talk with a guy who had a triple limit.    Had a 4 and 5 year old with him Saying that they caught thier limits to.     I hope it gets I forced.

That's sickening. Those people are not true sportsmen. DEC should revoke all fishing liscences to those who break the limit on top of fines. Let's remove the people who are hurting our sport completely.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #658 on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:59 AM »
Fished toga the other day managed 3 smallies all were in the 15"-18" range (one was caught on my ultralight rod on a small tungsten tubby) that was a fun fight lol and 5 jumbos were chasing flags most of the day but seemed to come in spurts.... had a couple walleyes come in and just check out the bait then head on its way... any tips on what they might particularly want? Tried a few different lures and couldn't get em to commit.

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #659 on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:34 AM »
Ya some of you guys talk too much. Any good walleye guy on that lake ain't sharing a lick on here

This man speaks the truth.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.