New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD  (Read 223572 times)

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD
« Reply #390 on: Jan 21, 2015, 01:45 PM »
fb899. I was out off of Fitch on Sunday also. Jigged up a dozen nice gills. No craps though. The bite has actually been fairly slow so far, dontcha think?

That's was my first time on the lake this year and probably the last. Only hit it because it was close to home on Sunday. Once lake George is froze I would rather be up there. I could get the gills to bite, it was just tough finding them. I would go 15-20 minutes without marking a fish.

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #391 on: Jan 22, 2015, 09:13 AM »
For those of you that fish the South end of the lake...especially the Brown's Beach area.  There are motorcycle and four-wheeler races scheduled for this Sunday, Jan. 25 at Brown's Beach...specifically at Dock Brown's Lakeside Tavern.  Racing starts at 12:00Noon.  The tavern will be opening at 8:00AM.

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #392 on: Jan 22, 2015, 02:10 PM »
For those of you that fish the South end of the lake...especially the Brown's Beach area.  There are motorcycle and four-wheeler races scheduled for this Sunday, Jan. 25 at Brown's Beach...specifically at Dock Brown's Lakeside Tavern.  Racing starts at 12:00Noon.  The tavern will be opening at 8:00AM.
Thanks for the heads up! tell Robert, Brian says Hi

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #393 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:45 PM »
Anyone been under the bridge?  Is the ice safe there yet?  (I don't fish there but like to fish south side after parking at the launch).

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #394 on: Jan 23, 2015, 10:58 AM »
I haven't been out under the bridge yet buz23 but last year with first ice guys were out on fitch and the ice depths were pretty consistent between the bridge and fitch....Just remember to be careful near the docks..I always keep a good distance away.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #395 on: Jan 23, 2015, 02:01 PM »
There's plenty of ice under the bridge.  I always feel better when I can follow snowmachine tracks and know that they didn't go in.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #396 on: Jan 23, 2015, 04:52 PM »
Lost my phone on toga today. I believe it fell out my pocket where the trucks park on ice across from fitch rd. I fished from 1pm-dark. Thought I may have left it in my truck.  Got back to the truck and it's not there. Must of fell out on the ice where trucks have been parking or within 300' straight out. Its a galaxy s4 with cracked screen. Phone is off so I cant call it. If anyone finds it please let me know, thanks! I don't care about the phone, gonna lose a lot of good fishing and hunting photos which im pissed about.

Offline trapper1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #397 on: Jan 23, 2015, 05:50 PM »
I'll keep an eye out for your phone. I fished with my kids at the south end sort of across to the west of Browns and caught nothing this pm. only marked fish once. kids kinda disappointed, as was I! :wacko: :wacko:

Offline Dr. Honk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NEED ICE
« Reply #398 on: Jan 23, 2015, 07:41 PM »
I am going to fish toga again on Sunday. I'll look for it on my way out. I'm sure there will be a lot of people out tomorrow. Hope some one finds it and let's you know. Might be a good idea to check the bait shop to see if anyone found it.

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #399 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Lost my phone on toga today. I believe it fell out my pocket where the trucks park on ice across from fitch rd. I fished from 1pm-dark. Thought I may have left it in my truck.  Got back to the truck and it's not there. Must of fell out on the ice where trucks have been parking or within 300' straight out. Its a galaxy s4 with cracked screen. Phone is off so I cant call it. If anyone finds it please let me know, thanks! I don't care about the phone, gonna lose a lot of good fishing and hunting photos which im pissed about.
Damn, got some flash lights and go back and look for it.
Hope you find it, might have to text the gf sunday night for monday.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #400 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:47 AM »
Damn, got some flash lights and go back and look for it.
Hope you find it, might have to text the gf sunday night for monday.
I retraced my steps yesterday. It gone! Pretty sure someone picked it up. The lil bit of snow that fell this am will make it impossible to find if its still on ice. Oh well that's phone #2 that I lost on toga. Other one is on bottom of lake near boat launch. Wayne I will be buying a new phone today. if not I will turn on my business line and use that. I will pm you the #
 On a bright note caught nice gills and some perch yesterday. Last 30 min of light fish turn on for sure.

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #401 on: Jan 24, 2015, 08:08 AM »
That sucks you lost the phone. I dropped a Galaxy S4 active in a hole at schroon lake last year. I also had a lot of pictures that I lost. Best thing to do is buy a back-up app. Set it to run once a day. The one I have is g cloud back up. You get 10gb free storage. When that's full you can pay for additional storage. Contacts, messages, pictures, downloaded files all can be restored to new phone.

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #402 on: Jan 25, 2015, 02:05 PM »
Dropped my iPhone 5s in perfect condition right through the hole last week off of fitch...Went out off of browns today wind was brutal and the wind drifts were collecting so much snow on my tip ups I decided to leave...

Offline JayDub

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #403 on: Jan 26, 2015, 02:59 PM »
What would  yesterday's racing  do to the ice? If I recall many years ago there was racing by the point and some people went through ice after.

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #404 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:16 PM »
A few of my buddies hit toga yesterday and my buddy dropped his iPhone in the lake too, that lake is piling up the phones
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #405 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:27 PM »
We fished this am. Did take us a little time to get on fish. Fished around the weeds. Had to move around a bit to find open pockets. Big gills, couple bass and a nice perch. Solid 12" of ice.

Offline redneckman1991

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #406 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:49 PM »
Has anyone had any luck with norhtern or walleyes? Myself and a group of friends/family are going up this weekend, we are new to the lake but have been doing some research, was going to try an area called mannings cove or near china town, was also looking at the southeastern area of the lake, thanks for any info and happy fishing to all!

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #407 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Has anyone had any luck with norhtern or walleyes? Myself and a group of friends/family are going up this weekend, we are new to the lake but have been doing some research, was going to try an area called mannings cove or near china town, was also looking at the southeastern area of the lake, thanks for any info and happy fishing to all!

Mannings cove is good fishing but is a long way from public access, without private access near there you may want to take a machine out there. The west side of the lake also has a lot of springs too so just be very careful, Mannings and the area around the Kay are loaded with springs. Walleye are being caught though however I personally haven't heard of any pike yet but I'm sure some have been caught.
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #408 on: Jan 27, 2015, 08:19 AM »
I read in the express newspaper that there is a tournament on February 8. Does anyone have info on how or where to register and more details. Thanks!

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #409 on: Jan 27, 2015, 10:49 AM »
Ice Fishing Tourney is Sunday, Feb 8 - entry fee is $20/person - must be registered by 9AM day of, pre-registration available at Dock Brown's Tavern. Cash prize for longest, pike, pickerel and perch.  Dock Brown's (518) 306-4987

Offline jdog42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #410 on: Jan 27, 2015, 08:31 PM »
Trout bum I dont know how to get pics up il see if I can get someone to help me then il post some as long as you dont try poaching my secret spots lol

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #411 on: Jan 27, 2015, 08:40 PM »
make sure you include the background in those pics! ahhahah

Trout bum I dont know how to get pics up il see if I can get someone to help me then il post some as long as you dont try poaching my secret spots lol

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #412 on: Jan 27, 2015, 08:59 PM »
If you go to ice shanty main page there's a help and FAQs. The very first post in orange is how to post pics.

Offline PeterC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #413 on: Jan 28, 2015, 02:47 PM »
I know about the springs and holes on the West and South sides, but if one wanted to drive from Fitch road to around Maple Shade on the East side after this cold front, are there any danger spots to be aware of? Thanks in advance for safety issues.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #414 on: Jan 28, 2015, 02:52 PM »
I know about the springs and holes on the West and South sides, but if one wanted to drive from Fitch road to around Maple Shade on the East side after this cold front, are there any danger spots to be aware of? Thanks in advance for safety issues.

I cant say specifically this year, but as long as you avoid the mouth of the brook where nielson road comes down, thats a fairly "safe" corridor.  I've never encountered any springs or soft spots in that area.

Offline jdog42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #415 on: Jan 28, 2015, 04:04 PM »
I know trout bum you must be In. Love with me following my post and stalking me on the  lake

Offline PeterC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #416 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:40 AM »
Thanks BigRed.

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #417 on: Jan 31, 2015, 08:19 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get information about the tournament?

Offline jdog42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #418 on: Jan 31, 2015, 02:04 PM »
You can get info for the tournament at doc browns restaurant its 20 dollars to enter

Offline livebait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #419 on: Feb 02, 2015, 10:02 AM »
I have been fishing Saratoga for quite a while now and I have found that my "hot spots" do not have the vegetation growth that they used to.
 Have they treated the lake lately?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.