The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: McWenneger Slough  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Waksupi

• IceShanty Rookie
McWenneger Slough
« on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:34 PM »

I fished McWenneger Slough for a few hours today. No action on perch or crappie. From the size of dead perch I saw laying on the ice, I didn't miss out on much there. I did catch one small pike, and lost a big one I couldn't get through the hole, as it was foul hooked on the outside of the mouth, and I couldn't get him to come out straight. After I lost him I remembered, DUH! I had a gaff with me I could have snatched him out with. The small one was caught on a white bucktail jig, the big one jigging with one of my home made spoons
On the board at Snappy's, it says fishing is good here. From what I could tell, there hasn't been that many people fishing it to really know, and as I said, the perch were small that I saw.
Ric Carter
Somers, Mt.

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: McWenneger Slough
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2013, 11:27 PM »
Try fishing at dusk till about 7:00pm that is when the Crappie turn on. For Perch try  5 to 10' of water near weed line.
 :)
Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Offline wvmountaineer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013, 11:39 PM »
yep 7 till 10 great time sat night over 70 caught fun fun fun

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2013, 08:47 PM »
Perch are a game fish...leaving them laying on the ice, no matter what size, is against the law (wasting a gamefish) and unsightly.  Please don't do it...whoever you are.

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline icedevildog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2013, 09:15 PM »
I agree!! Been out ther fishin a couple times lately and the place is littered with dead perch on the ice.

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2013, 07:52 AM »
 :( that bugs me, like one or two little ones if you accidentaly drop it but big piles is unnacceptable. makes us icefisherman look like slobs

Offline icedevildog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2013, 07:05 PM »
Just got done fishin mcwenneger slough. Decided to fish it mid afternoon till dark. Great choice!!! 8 nice pike alot of small perch and got into a mess of crappie!!!! Great day.

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2013, 07:21 PM »
Just got done fishin mcwenneger slough. Decided to fish it mid afternoon till dark. Great choice!!! 8 nice pike alot of small perch and got into a mess of crappie!!!! Great day.
how big were the crappie?

Offline icedevildog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2013, 07:29 PM »
most of them were around 8'. Couple were closer to 10".  even managed to land 3 bass

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:07 PM »
I've never fished it but I'm planning on trying in a week or so when I get back to town. Wheres a good place up look for the crappie out there?

Offline icedevildog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:21 PM »
My best fishin lately has been in about 6 FOW BUT the pike have been really agressive even jigging the smallest of jigs!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.