Author Topic: Crappie on Lk St. Hellen Mi.  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Crappie on Lk St. Hellen Mi.
« on: Jan 05, 2004, 10:05 AM »
Looking for Crappie of 12" and over, catch and release only, after picture taking! The smaller ones taste better anyway. Have been fishing on the ice sence the 2nd wk of November, been catching some nice gills and crappie. Teaching my grandsons catch & release, and to only keep a few of what you catch to eat. Got a new underwater camera for xmas & spent all day Friday with my daughters boyfreind fishing different lakes, the camera works great, seen a pike hit a small crappie that was hooked and on his way to the top of the ice. I can see its going to be hard to concentrate on fishing its just as much fun to watch the camera and guide others on what is happening below the ice.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

twowatt4

Re:Crappie on Lk St. Hellen Mi.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2004, 03:23 PM »
Hey Rat-man good to here somebody is fishing Lake St. Helen. I fish it alot in the summer but haven't talked to anyone who has iced it.  Never knew how good the lake froze and if I could get to the spots I fish in the summer safely.

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2004, 08:47 AM »
Hey Rat-man good to here somebody is fishing Lake St. Helen. I fish it alot in the summer but haven't talked to anyone who has iced it.  Never knew how good the lake froze and if I could get to the spots I fish in the summer safely.

The lake has a good 6" of ice . They are runing 4 wheelers all over it. Went on it Thursday and caught a few gills and small crappie, looking for the big ones.

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2004, 09:25 AM »
Hey Guys: Sun. on my bread route I went from Rosc. to St Helen on old 76 and there were a couple of people out near the North End. fyi. I dont know how they wer doing but ???? I only work sun. and wed. so look out Houghton lake.LOL
MIKE

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Hey dachmation

Thanks for the info. Im off work till the 19th and will be fishing eveyday, I fish a lot of the local lakes around the county. If ya know where the bigins are let me know  and I'll go get um, I dont keepem just take pictures and release em! Im getting my stuff in the truck right now it should be good fishin the baramator is over 30.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.