Author Topic: StrikeMaster / Hand Lazer auger  (Read 943 times)

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
StrikeMaster / Hand Lazer auger
« on: Jan 09, 2016, 08:19 PM »
Does anyone have a contact phone number for StrikeMaster?  I have a Lazer hand auger that has never seemed to cut great and want to know if they would replace the blades before I go buy some. 8". Do you like yours IS nation.  Wish I had the 7" now.
I'd really like a phone number, but I did email them. Hate talking to a keyboard  >:(
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: StrikeMaster
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Try Messaging them on FaceBook ...usually respond quickly ...I don't believe their is a tel number . ???
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Does anyone have a contact phone number for StrikeMaster?  I have a Lazer hand auger that has never seemed to cut great and want to know if they would replace the blades before I go buy some. 8". Do you like yours IS nation.  Wish I had the 7" now.
I'd really like a phone number, but I did email them. Hate talking to a keyboard  >:(
                          Chinese blades??

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2016, 09:00 PM »
Bought new? Take off the blades and reinstall them. I don't trust kids to assemble my gear.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:34 PM »
                          Chinese blades??
x2 I had this issue with an 8 inch a few years back and eventually they replaced the Chinese with Sweden made blades and it cut much better.

Offline chicken shoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2016, 05:37 AM »

Normark Corporation

Phone: +1 952 933 7060

Fax: +1 952 933 0046

Postal address:
10395 Yellow Circle Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55343
USA

That is the USA Distributor. Hopefully this is of some help to you.

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Well thank you Chicken  ;D.... I'm honored to be one of your first post/ replys. Welcome to the IS!!! Its helpful people like you that make this site one of the best. I think you'll enjoy it. To the rest of you, thanks for the feedback, but guess what?  They're Swedish blades  :o.....that's the scary part.  It's weird, I have 2 blue moras and really like them. Thought I'd upgrade to the Lazer....never been impressed.
One last thing, why isn't there a serial number on my blades anywhere?
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: StrikeMaster / Hand Lazer auger
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:02 AM »
The china made blades are soft and don't hold an edge.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:16 AM »
I don't believe they have serial numbers.

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:36 AM »
I had the same problem with my 7", checked the blades and they were made in China. Called strike
 master and mentioned the known fact of the bad Chines blades and they sent me a new set.
Bob P.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:37 AM »
I had the same problem.  After a couple emails with pics, they replaced my Chinese blades with the Sweden ones.  I was able to compare them side-by-side to my buddies auger with the Sweden ones and there was a noticeable angle difference between the two.  The new blades they sent cut great.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:47 AM »
I also have one that never cut worth a crap compared to the mora I threw in attic of the garage.will have to check blades.

Offline chicken shoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2016, 10:07 AM »
Well thank you Chicken  ;D.... I'm honored to be one of your first post/ replys. Welcome to the IS!!! Its helpful people like you that make this site one of the best. I think you'll enjoy it. To the rest of you, thanks for the feedback, but guess what?  They're Swedish blades  :o.....that's the scary part.  It's weird, I have 2 blue moras and really like them. Thought I'd upgrade to the Lazer....never been impressed.
One last thing, why isn't there a serial number on my blades anywhere?

Thank you for the welcome. :) I'm happy to help ya out. I'm a newbie to ice fishing and joined this forum the other day. I'm in upstate NY near the Saratoga area and was actually browsing the forum to see the difference between the Mora and the Lazer offerings and happened upon your post.

As for the serial number on a hand crank model, there appears to be none. Here's the registration page for Strikemaster. You'll notice that there is no place to enter a serial number.

http://www.rapala.com/content/strikemaster-warranties/strikemaster-register-hand-auger.html?id=11

I actually went through all the steps and hit submit. I just registered an auger I don't even own yet!! I guess I'll have to buy a different model. LOL

Offline archerylonehunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2016, 10:18 AM »
Had a problem with mine and I emailed them several times and they called me cpl times.  Bought new blades and junk in one day.. to make it short, said they where under warranty and gave me the run around till after warranty ran out.. Had to do some cursing so they finally sent me new ones but said they will not warranty these ones.  I hear good and bad about strikemaster.. Good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.