Author Topic: what r good reels  (Read 1633 times)

sallyda6th

what r good reels
« on: Dec 24, 2003, 09:01 PM »
What are some good ice reels?

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:what r good reels
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2003, 10:40 PM »
i know that i also dont have a lot of the high tech gear that a lot of these guys have... for ice fishing that is. but here is my opinion. For open water fishing.... i spend the big bucks on my rod/reel combos. On the ice, however, i dont need them to cast far..... i dont need them to be accurate. All i need for my reel to do is to reel out smooth and quiet and reel in the same way. It has to feel good in your and and fit the budget. I'm sure there are other opinions however.

Good luck to ya.

Melbs     :'(

Offline jp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2003, 11:56 PM »
I just got a new reel for xmass. Its a Quantum micro ms00. seems to work good in the bait tank can't waight to try it out on some bigger fish.

Offline ZachSchuler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2003, 05:37 PM »
Smooth drag is the most important thing. My favorites for cheap reels are Shimano AXULSA ($15-20) and Silstar Ice Bonz (around $10). If you want a really good and smooooth reel the Tica Cetus is awesome. But its expensive at $40.

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2003, 12:03 PM »
all i use are the ultra lite zebco trigger spin. I have used open face reels in the past and got tired of the line loops and tangles. Ihavent had a single tangle since i switched
Bobberstop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.