Author Topic: Otter XT Pro Resort XOver  (Read 2153 times)

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
Otter XT Pro Resort XOver
« on: Jan 26, 2019, 12:58 PM »
Question about the Otter Flip Overs. On the frame where they slide out, and click into place with the button. Does the black clip bend and flex a little. All the pictures I see, the poles are perfectly straight. Mine are usually a little crooked, and can flex when moved by hand. Is this normal?
What colour are you using?

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Otter XT Pro Resort XOver
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:23 PM »
Your talking the crossover frame pole only? Or all of them? On mine, the crossover frame pole does flex a little. How do you like the shack? Mine is a cabin and I’ve been having issues with the canvas. I know plenty of people are. Many of us have gotten replacement canvases and they don’t help. I personally think Otter found a cheaper manufacturer and switched because the canvas quality is horrible.

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:36 PM »
All of the frame poles, have about an inch or 2 of flex right where the 2 tubes slide into each other at the black clip. It works fine I’m just not sure if it’s right. I had problems with my zippers on my first canvas. They sent me a new one and it’s much better. It seems like the new one is more square. But on the new canvas the Velcro on the bottom was sewn right where the x over bracket is on the bottom rail, so I didn’t attach it. It’s a wicked flip over though. Had it out in some strong winds on Lake Winnipeg, when all the hubs where packing it in. Love it.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2019, 04:12 PM »
Yup I love it too the side doors are awesome. Just too bad everyone’s having canvas issues. Otter is usually the top of line in quality but these new canvases are a joke. Vents don’t even need to be open to vent. The flap is so long there’s just a huge gap. And the one is crooked. Odd paper with letters in the stitching. All sorts of crap. Horrible quality.

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2019, 09:31 PM »
My new canvas fit perfect, it was like night and day difference. Just not sure how much over lap to have on the tub, where the plastic clip goes, I didn’t screw it down yet.

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2019, 09:34 PM »
They only thing that bothers me now is the poles. They seem to have some wiggle room. Lol

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2019, 12:20 AM »
My old Otter,and by old I mean the previous model, did not have that much wiggle room. It was only two years old. And before that one, I had the xt650 model. These new crossovers have to be coming from a new Chinese supplier. I know they were made in China before, but dayum did they get cheap. My new one has super loose flex joints also on all four poles.  I just checked. I know my old one didn’t. I love the side doors but I miss my old shack. These new Otter canvases now rank right up there with Clam. Hell, even Clams have better quality than these. Way to save a buck Otter.

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:46 AM »
Yup I love it too the side doors are awesome. Just too bad everyone’s having canvas issues. Otter is usually the top of line in quality but these new canvases are a joke. Vents don’t even need to be open to vent. The flap is so long there’s just a huge gap. And the one is crooked. Odd paper with letters in the stitching. All sorts of crap. Horrible quality.

My canvas sits nice and square on my frame, all the corners, and seams line up nice and square to the frame. Your vent looks like it has a front window flap sewn on. How much over lap did you put the fabric over the lip of the tub, under the fabric lock?

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Quite a bit. If I set it up all nice and tight for front door entry, the canvas will be super loose when I switch it over for side door entry. The front of the canvas is too long and the switch-over frame bar doesn’t reach the bottom. Not even close. So that’s why the frame bar is no where near the corners of the canvas. Since I never use the front door, I pulled out all the slack and redid the trim lock with it set up for side doors.

The switch over frame bar measures 55” to where the clip on the bottom of it starts when extended to the second notch. The front of the canvas, top to bottom, seam to seam, measures 63”. I’ve spoken to plenty of folks that own this shack and all have the same issues. Otter sends out new canvases but it doesn’t help. And every time I speak to them they act like I’m the first one with this issue and that they haven’t heard of this issue, but I know that’s not true because I know plenty of people who have been on the phone with them because of it. Somethings not right.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2019, 11:38 AM »
Redriverrick, I’d set it up with the wind poles in and the frame bars on the first notch, pull it down tight in the back and attach the trim lock. You want the front bottom frame bar just off the ground on a level surface without the wind poles in. The wind poles will stretch it out and put that frame bar on the ground when they’re installed.

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2019, 12:47 PM »
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it. My poles are snug it every position.

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2019, 05:46 PM »
Quite a bit. If I set it up all nice and tight for front door entry, the canvas will be super loose when I switch it over for side door entry. The front of the canvas is too long and the switch-over frame bar doesn’t reach the bottom. Not even close. So that’s why the frame bar is no where near the corners of the canvas. Since I never use the front door, I pulled out all the slack and redid the trim lock with it set up for side doors.

The switch over frame bar measures 55” to where the clip on the bottom of it starts when extended to the second notch. The front of the canvas, top to bottom, seam to seam, measures 63”. I’ve spoken to plenty of folks that own this shack and all have the same issues. Otter sends out new canvases but it doesn’t help. And every time I speak to them they act like I’m the first one with this issue and that they haven’t heard of this issue, but I know that’s not true because I know plenty of people who have been on the phone with them because of it. Somethings not right.
Are you sure you have your frame assembled correct?

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:15 PM »
Yep. Just like the instructions stated.

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2019, 08:37 PM »
I think the urge to get one of these and replace my Cottage just subsided. I’m been going out the front door without any problems so far so I’ll wait a year.
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:56 AM »
My Resort was missing the Plastic Plugs that go on the ends of the smaller tube, that slides into the larger tube.  They came pre-assembled without part #200197.
 Great Customer service from Otter, they are putting them in the mail right away.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Awesome. Just looked at my cabin and they are missing also. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I got two of them out of eight. Turns out they get stuck up in the curve of the frame bars.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.