Author Topic: Stopped counting at 20  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Stopped counting at 20
« on: Dec 23, 2007, 12:45 PM »
It was completely unplanned and spur of the moment but it was one of those rare occassions when the sun, the moon and the stars were all aligned yesterday. phone calls were exchanged around 2 and at 4 Terry, Gary and I closed the shop up, grabbed the bait and headed out to meet Trevor and Mike who were already on the ice. We were able to get the entire crew (minus one) together for a night walleye trip.  :)

What a night to be on the ice! It was a balmy 32" with no wind. The full moon was in and out of the clouds so visibilty was fantastic. We were all set up by 5 and the flags were flying right away. Aside from a lull in the action between 8 and 9 it was fast and furious all night. By the way.... I LOVE THE NEW FRABILL LIGHTS!!!!!!!! Trevor was up 3-0 on me in the blink of an eye but I made some adjustments and started making up ground.

Around 7 I made the comment that I was starving. Trevor pulled his cell phone out and ordered 2 large pizzas and had them delivered to the ramp  :eek2:  :biggrin:  :party2:
I have to say that having hot food delivered on the ice was a first for me... But it won't be the last time! 2 large pizzas were gone in no time at all.

The fish cooperated while we were eating and stayed away from the flags but resumed eating right after we finished. They were pretty aggressive and took even the big baits we put down.

At one point I had 3 flags out of the water and Trevor asked if he could move a flag over to an empty hole between 2 of mine. He set it up and just about got slapped in the face when the flag popped back up instantly with yet another walleye on the line :biggrin:

It was just one of those nights. The weather was perfect, the fish were hungry and we shared a lot of laughs. I don't think any of us could have had a better time out there. Before we packed it in, we all got together for a Connecticut Outfitters group shot...

Gary and I picked up around 11 and left the youngsters still chasing flags. They may have some more stories and pics of the late action...

Thanks again guys... Have a great Christmas

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stopped counting at 20
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:13 PM »
i love night time walleye fishing it is the best hey blain you guys got those frabil lights no one has them anywhere they will fit on lakers right?

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:21 PM »
We've been selling a ton of them. I've got 2 dozen of them in my shop with more on order.... Come on up and see me. I'll be there tomorrow from 7-12. Yes, they will fit a Heritage  ;)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Blaine,

What do you plan on doing with that ice saw?  Are the walleye that big down there?

Offline Danderson

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 11:44 PM »
great looking eyes  ;D

what do you even need the ice saw for though  :laugh:

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2007, 06:03 AM »
LOL... Of course I don't NEED an ice saw. ;D It is definitely a toy. I saw it 3 years ago and decided that I just had to have one. I gotta say though that I am finding more and more uses for it. They cut pretty quick, I've fished on 7" so far down here and I can use the end as a spud bar to punch through and then cut a hole. It turns a tight corner, just like a hack saw. When a bunch of us go out, I make a live well for all the bait. I use a 6 gallon bucket that is drilled full of 1/4" holes and use the saw to cut a hole just big enough to slide the bucket into. The bait stays frisky for the duration. I've also begun trapping some of my own bait. The saw makes it easy to get traps in and back out of the ice.  Someday I picture myself using it on one of my friends as they sit in their shanty... Right out of the old cartoons  ;D

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2007, 08:46 AM »
Good meeting you this morning TJ! Now that you know where we are, don't be a stranger  ;D

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2007, 08:51 AM »
Got to love it when a plan comes together. Nice looking wallye fellas!
Andrew

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2007, 09:43 AM »
ill be in alot now that i know you are there thanks for all the help

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:01 AM »
great looking fish!!

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:37 AM »
how much ice did you have out there?

think it is still there and safe now?
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Very Cool Blaine-iac! Looks like a great time for the CT Outfitters crew.

Pizza on the ice....I knew I liked Trevor's style!

Great pics thanks for sharing
"Feet Down and Bellys Up!!

Offline Dean C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:50 PM »
 ;D It sure was a nice night. I was down the other end. Between the two of us we iced 8 eyes. But I am sure you already know that. Hope to be out soon if the ice holds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.