The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: bluegill decoy  (Read 3238 times)

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
bluegill decoy
« on: Dec 30, 2008, 03:04 PM »
hey all I just cleaned the two hammerhandles I caught this past weekend and opened their stomachs and found out that I caught at least another half dozen bluegill lol   was wonderin if any of you fellow spearers out there had any pics of a bluegill decoy so that I could use it for  pattern and carve me another decoy
thanks
rezeye

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: bluegill decoy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2008, 03:53 PM »
hey all I just cleaned the two hammerhandles I caught this past weekend and opened their stomachs and found out that I caught at least another half dozen bluegill lol   was wonderin if any of you fellow spearers out there had any pics of a bluegill decoy so that I could use it for  pattern and carve me another decoy
thanks
rezeye

WOW, the answer to this question should be looking you right in the face  :laugh: . Why not just plan a trip for some gills and catch one around 8 or 9 inches and throw it on the board you want to carve and then trace it out, also you might want to take a few pics to match up with the decoy  ;) . GOOD LUCK, and post some pics when your done  ;D .

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2008, 05:07 PM »
the ones i got were half digested and about 2inches long and we dont have many gill ponds here     Fried em up anyway :sick: :sick: just kiddin just looking for a decent picture of one and I can go from there   carved a northern already this year and used deer rawhide for the fins for movement under water  works pretty good after the decoy soaks for awhile

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2008, 06:18 PM »
Nevermind :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:19 PM »

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline BuschWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Here fishy ...fishy..."
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:08 AM »
 was wonderin if any of you fellow spearers out there had any pics of a bluegill decoy so that I could use it for  pattern and carve me another decoy
thanks
rezeye
Hello,  found this one at darkwaterdecoys.com.  He does some nice work.  I've not tried making a 'gill yet.  Don't have any up here in AK, but I reckon the pike wouldn't know or care, so I might make one anyway.  Good Luck!

\"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy\"___Benjamin Franklin
Fish each time as though it were your last...for one time, it will be.

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2009, 04:13 PM »
Cool decoy site thanks just talked to a buddy of mine who carves stuff as an artist and he said to get him a picture of one and he will carve me one out then all I have to do is weight and balance it and then spear large pike  ::) ::)

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2009, 03:35 AM »
Give Dick a call, he has 'em.

http://www.darkhousespearingsupply.com/index.php?cPath=53_49&osCsid=68c2965b85f0250631fa141afef262f0

thanks
rezeye
Bruster

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.