Alaska > Ice Fishing Alaska

Anybody have reports...

<< < (2/3) > >>

broomballboy:
Went back to Outboard again.  Lots of small pike this time.  The little fish that I am catching are indeed silvers not rainbows, I misstyped last time.  A few more char 12-14", with one at 18".  The pike are in the 12" or less range.  Got all them on end away from the gravel operation on the road side right where the trees end.  My 4 year old thinks they are the best.

Now I'm looking for a place to catch a burbot with easy access.

KP_Alaska:
Broomballboy
Easy access to the Tanana River off of Chena Pump Rd at the campground. Another good place is where Piledriver Slough flows into the Tanana near Moose Creek. I used to fish there and do well. Heading south from Fairbanks take the first right past the flood control bridge and follow it to the end. Also used to fish across from MJ Rentals at nine mile Richardson Hwy, haven't been in there in years.

alaskanman:
Lots of dollies and char around here, lots of people fishing too!  Couple pike caught.  Looking forward to getting out this weekend!

mihuntn:
Barleydog, went out last weekend.  Had three flags, no pike, I think the herring I had were too big, the pike kept ripping the tails off.  The trout fishing was pretty good, Sunday we caught 10, between 14-17".  I had the tip ups set up right across the trout fishers in @ 6 feet deep and @ 1 foot off the bottom.  I'll keep you guys posted.  Good fishing to all.

Barleydog:
Did some jigging on Polaris lake and managed 6 fish.  I think the lake is going through turnover?  Little murky and the fish seemed locked jawed as opposed to last week.  
mihuntn- Did you fish in the weeds?  Did you stay between the ancient beaver lodge and the point across from the gravel bar?   If your depth finder isn't coming up with weeds, your to deep.  If you can't catch them there.  Go over to Scout lake!  Fish around the island areas in 4-8 ft. of water.  You'll get more fish, just not as big as the ones on Polaris!  Sounds like the little hammer handle pike, (12" fish) were getting to you on Polaris?  We have caught a fair number of them by accident using firecracker herring. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version