Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

Rescue Equipment for Slush

<< < (2/2)

slamber:

--- Quote from: RStock521 on Dec 17, 2023, 07:53 PM ---While it is probably overpriced for what it is, I grabbed one of these Arctic Anchors this year.  Similar to your green anchor you have.  Just fyi for others interested in something like it.

https://arcticanchor.com/

--- End quote ---

I bought one a couple years ago and it's pretty slick. Have only had to use it once but it worked great for getting my UTV out of slush. I originally thought about rigging up a DIY version like to pic above but this one has a working load limit of 8K and a breaking limit of 10K; I didn't figure I could safely DIY something with those limits.

RStock521:

--- Quote from: slamber on Dec 18, 2023, 09:09 AM ---I bought one a couple years ago and it's pretty slick. Have only had to use it once but it worked great for getting my UTV out of slush. I originally thought about rigging up a DIY version like to pic above but this one has a working load limit of 8K and a breaking limit of 10K; I didn't figure I could safely DIY something with those limits.

--- End quote ---
Great to hear that it works!  Figured for $100, it was cheap insurance to self-rescue if(when) I get stuck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version