Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Are You Ready!?! When Will You Be On the Ice?

(1/8) > >>

the_doctor:
With the short, dark days I am ready for ice season! I think this could be my best year ever. Just have a good feeling. I saw on some of the other boards, people are guessing when their first day ice fishing will be.

So, let's hear it. When will your first day ice fishing in Vermont be this season?

Personally, I'll be happy if I am ringing in the New Year on the ice on 12/31!
What's your prediction?

Boatless in BTV:
I'm definitely ready to hit the ice whenever Mother Nature is ready to cooperate. It's encouraging to see several days with sub-freezing average temperatures coming up in the forecast, but we're definitely not there yet -- especially here in the Champlain Valley. Lake Champlain water temp is still 49.

Last season my first day out was January 9th. Hopefully there's no 60-degree weather on Christmas this year and we can push that into December. But the realist in me says to guess January 3rd.

Raven71:
Keeping my fingers crossed that we're able to be out there ice fishing on 1/1/22. The past few years, we have been able to enjoy the first day of the New Year out on the ice.

rdhammah:
I've been ready since March!

mudchuck:
Well, 2 of the last 3 years of early ice, I was on an inland lake xmas eve & xmas day, so maybe it'll happen this season...fingers crossed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version