Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Darkhouse Spearing

Possible to spear out of a portable shelter?

(1/3) > >>

Huntindave:
I was wondering if I could set up my hub style shelter as a darkhouse to spear from?  I really need something totally portable. I'm pretty sure the hub itself will be dark enough (haven't had it out on the ice yet) as the fabric is black and the windows close up very well.  My biggest concern is the floor.  Will I need something for a floor? It seems like the bare ice might be hard on the eyes and distract from viewing down into the water.

Anybody want to chime in and give me their thoughts or prior experience? Thanks.

DR.SPECKLER:
I spear out of my shappell wide house 6500 hub.no problem seeing down the hole.

Whopper Stopper:
Many put down anti-Fatigue Foam Mats. You can get them in a 4 pc set from Harbor Freight or Menards fairly cheap.

WS

Huntindave:

--- Quote from: DR.SPECKLER on Dec 15, 2018, 05:51 PM ---I spear out of my shappell wide house 6500 hub.no problem seeing down the hole.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Huntindave:

--- Quote from: Whopper Stopper on Dec 15, 2018, 06:41 PM ---Many put down anti-Fatigue Foam Mats. You can get them in a 4 pc set from Harbor Freight or Menards fairly cheap.

WS

--- End quote ---
Yes, I had considered that option.  I may try without first, but the mats would be a viable option.  Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version