The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: I just got my permenant ice shanty i the ice and guess what  (Read 1517 times)

Offline podunk

• IceShanty Rookie
i put my ice shanty on the ice. i got it late on the ice and set up so i was think that i won't see anything. so i was jigging for perch. i didn't even have my decoys with me. so i use a perch color chubby darter number 3 tip with a walleye minnow on it. i had this pike come in right up to the chubby darter and i speared the piked right behind the head. i knew it was legal size but when i pulled it out i had second thoughts. so took a measure of it and it was 25 inches. it was the biggest pike of the year but it was atleast leagal. i will have to take pics of it and try to figure out how to put it on here. but i thought to let you guys know, and was wondering if anybody had the same experience as i did or even similar ones. i would love to hear them.
US Marine Infantrymortarman

Offline UW97

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: I just got my permenant ice shanty i the ice and guess what
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2009, 07:09 AM »
i put my ice shanty on the ice. i got it late on the ice and set up so i was think that i won't see anything. so i was jigging for perch. i didn't even have my decoys with me. so i use a perch color chubby darter number 3 tip with a walleye minnow on it. i had this pike come in right up to the chubby darter and i speared the piked right behind the head. i knew it was legal size but when i pulled it out i had second thoughts. so took a measure of it and it was 25 inches. it was the biggest pike of the year but it was atleast leagal. i will have to take pics of it and try to figure out how to put it on here. but i thought to let you guys know, and was wondering if anybody had the same experience as i did or even similar ones. i would love to hear them.

Pictures or it didn't happen.  ;)

Offline podunk

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: I just got my permenant ice shanty i the ice and guess what
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2009, 01:05 PM »
i would post a pic if i had a digital camera and if i knew how to put one on here.
US Marine Infantrymortarman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.