The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: HARVEYS LAKE  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
Re: HARVEYS LAKE
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:40 PM »
If ya do ever find the bottom, you Will find all the smelt and lakers Too!!!

....among other things... :whistle:

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline tunadawg71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Does anyone ever catch smelt in Harveys? I hear they are very tasty.

ICE REBEL

« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:44 PM »
Yeah people did when they were in there.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:45 PM »
that was years ago...not anymore my friend. alewives took over now...I heard they're really tasty tho... TO BROWN TROUT!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline AquaRoach

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:14 PM »
we fished for smelt at the bottomless area, but only caught sardines. we figured we were really fishing in sardinia. we had big spools of line attached to old crank up victrola turn tables. it usually took about 3 hours to get to the otherside of the world. once you get close to the center of the earth, line peels out so quick you need to but oil on the bearings. we lovingly refered to the botomless area as "the vortex." once you entered the area you entered a "waste of time warp." me and Dr. Gonzo from honey pot fished there all the time.

Offline AquaRoach

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:51 PM »
i just got a call from the shrink, Dr. Emilio Gonzo from Honey Pot. the former capital of Nanticoke and South Plymouth. our attorney, Arturo del Carpachinskiwicz called him, and adviced us to procure a high frequency oscillator, 30 kilovolt high line transformer and a Tesla Coil. He seems to think that if we wire up a Vexilar with the stuff, we can probably mark a water flea in the China Sea. when shhhmmmelt fishing in the bottomless part of the lake. by the way. the bottomless spot is in front of the old go-cart track.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:01 AM »
I beleive honeypot STILL is the capital of Nanticoke  :clap:

Offline AquaRoach

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:48 PM »
the famous psyco-analyst, Dr. Gonzo always wears blue jeans and flannel shirts. However, they are custom tailored in Beverly Hills. I met the Doc in 71 while in the Rio de Filobobos Cantina in Veracruz. He was heading down the Amazon to study cannibals and to teach them some weird religion he picked up while learning the fine art of ice fishing by one of Rasputins ancestors when he was in Siberia. We kept in touch. In 72 i was sitting in Barneys Beanery in LA when the news came on. Wyoming Valley was flooding. I called the doctor, explaining that his talents will be needed there. We met at orange county airport lounge. while there, the pilot and co-pilot of our flight got in a drunken brawl over a stewardess. So, we decided to rent a car and drive to nanticoke. we prepared to cross that evil, lizard and snake infested desert. We went to the pawn shop where i bought a nice S & W 357. The doc ordered up a 50 caliber browning machine gun. i said, Doc why a 50? he said, you can never have too much fire power when dealing with reptiles. then to the farmers market to get a couple of hundred pounds of grapefruit, oranges and a case of Krupnik.

Offline skarf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:37 PM »
WOW

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Anyone fishin harveys yet? im dyin to git out there

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #40 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:17 PM »
i just got a call from the shrink, Dr. Emilio Gonzo from Honey Pot. the former capital of Nanticoke and South Plymouth. our attorney, Arturo del Carpachinskiwicz called him, and adviced us to procure a high frequency oscillator, 30 kilovolt high line transformer and a Tesla Coil. He seems to think that if we wire up a Vexilar with the stuff, we can probably mark a water flea in the China Sea. when shhhmmmelt fishing in the bottomless part of the lake. by the way. the bottomless spot is in front of the old go-cart track.

I told y'all, there was no bottom to this thread!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Your explanations in your posts on this thread are PRICELESS!!!, AquaRoach! :roflmao: :thumbsup: :clap:

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline AquaRoach

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Thanks, Ed. Ya Rebels all gotta great sense of humor, too. Comes from good Southern stock.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:43 PM »
Thanks, Ed. Ya Rebels all gotta great sense of humor, too. Comes from good Southern stock.
Yes it does. ;D
Lotta people here on Iceshanty have a great sense of humor. :thumbsup:
Definitely makes it more interesting and entertaining than just having serious conversation about fishing.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #43 on: Feb 19, 2011, 05:41 AM »
yea what salmon said :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ICE REBEL

« Reply #44 on: Feb 19, 2011, 06:23 AM »
Yes it does. ;D
Lotta people here on Iceshanty have a great sense of humor. :thumbsup:
Definitely makes it more interesting and entertaining than just having serious conversation about fishing.
Yeah there is alot of people on here that have a great sense of humor but then again there is alot on here that have no sense of humor.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 19, 2011, 12:20 PM »
I think the majority here enjoy a good laugh along with some serious conversation. @)
No point in mentioning anything about any 'deadwood'.

Offline MHoneywell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 04, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Enjoyed the banter about the depth, but on a sertious note, I've heard there is a spot which checks in at 110 feet.  Can't swear it's the truth, but I can say I've had 104 on the Lowrance. A question for some of the long time fishers of the lake.  How many of you have caught catfish when trolling, and what depth did you hook up.  Last year I was trolling with 92 feet of water under the boat, and hooked a catfish at 20 + or - 3 feet  on one of my downriggers.

Milt
Carbondale, Pa.

Secure our future / Take someone fishing

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Mar 04, 2011, 07:43 PM »
never caught cats downriggin harveys, but have caught walleye, smallmouth, and pickerel...as for depth...I have an official report done on the lake from 1994 by coastal environmental...anythi ng, and I mean anything you want to know about the lake is in here...OFFICIAL MAX depth is reported as 96ft. this was checked multiple times...and then double checked  ;D

Offline MHoneywell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 08, 2011, 03:55 PM »
Totaly forgot I had this picture. I had my mailman and his son with me on Harveys last July.  Here is a cat caught while trolling.  Mailman was long lining a rap about 100 feet behind boat.  We had approximately 85 foot depth When this cat smacked his rap.  Weird in my book, but anything is possible they say.  :)

Secure our future / Take someone fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.