Author Topic: DIY Livescope Portable Bundle Intro  (Read 5610 times)

Offline MatfromWisco

• IceShanty Rookie
DIY Livescope Portable Bundle Intro
« on: Oct 05, 2018, 01:37 PM »
The Diy vid is coming but until then here is an intro!!!

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: DIY Livescope Portable Bundle Intro
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2018, 01:40 PM »
Smokin....this is the same guy I met at the Thorne Bros. event.

I just bought the parts and am building one.

Thanks Mat!!!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline MatfromWisco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2018, 01:54 PM »
Your very welcome and what an awesome  Panoptix on Steroids post u had!   Anyone that has some panoptix or Livescope questions I will do my best to answer them! 

Offline pyro261

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2018, 11:21 AM »
Anyone that has some panoptix or Livescope questions I will do my best to answer them!

Thanks for doing a DIY video. I am leaning towards buying a setup for this winter, but I had a question I asked a few weeks ago that no one was able to answer.  How does it work in deep water? I'm talking 100+ fow. I know the panoptix had a limit of 100' out horizontally from your hole, I am guessing this does as well?  For example, If I'm in 150', will it work to scan out horizontally from the hole for fish that are on the bottom, or would it only scan the area 100' horizontally and 100' vertically from my hole?  Sorry if that's confusing
Is there any depth limitation with the transducer in the downward position?

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2018, 12:37 PM »
You guys are talking about something like a $3,000 plus setup to go ice fishing? Maybe if I was still single.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2018, 03:00 PM »
I am single and I'm not buying that. I'll wait until the technology comes down in price.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2018, 03:09 PM »
I think that the concept of "VALUE" is probably the central question.

If the guy next hole over caught 5X the fish you caught, and did it every time, the urgency would probably move up in the priority scorecard.

If it really does change fishing there will be more of them on the lakes and ice.

This will be the first real season that the Livescope will be on the ice.  We will see what the jury has to say.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2018, 04:23 PM »
If you mount your standard flasher ice transducer on a homemade mount setup like a long pipe with a L at the handle and side scan at a 45° to a 90° you could also locate schools of fish off to the sides of your hole a whole lot cheaper. If you see fish the depth reading  they are at would be how many feet they are off to the side, give or take. It would get you into the ballpark. Mainly for main lake basin suspending fish.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2018, 06:30 PM »
Thanks for doing a DIY video. I am leaning towards buying a setup for this winter, but I had a question I asked a few weeks ago that no one was able to answer.  How does it work in deep water? I'm talking 100+ fow. I know the panoptix had a limit of 100' out horizontally from your hole, I am guessing this does as well?  For example, If I'm in 150', will it work to scan out horizontally from the hole for fish that are on the bottom, or would it only scan the area 100' horizontally and 100' vertically from my hole?  Sorry if that's confusing
Is there any depth limitation with the transducer in the downward position?

I am very curious as to the answer to this question as well....

Offline gofishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2018, 07:19 PM »
I have a Lowrance Fish Lo-k-tor that is fifty years old that came with an attachment that you can put the transducer in and adjust from straight down/up to 90 degrees and anywhere inbetween. It also pivots so you can shoot 360 degrees around to look for fish or structure. It also explains all this in the instruction booklet. No, it's not a video screen but if you know how to use and interpet a flasher, then you are getting the same info. For that type of money panoptics IMO it is not that big of a game changer.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2018, 09:04 PM »
I have a Lowrance Fish Lo-k-tor that is fifty years old that came with an attachment that you can put the transducer in and adjust from straight down/up to 90 degrees and anywhere inbetween. It also pivots so you can shoot 360 degrees around to look for fish or structure. It also explains all this in the instruction booklet. No, it's not a video screen but if you know how to use and interpet a flasher, then you are getting the same info. For that type of money panoptics IMO it is not that big of a game changer.
Even if you pointed your regular sonar around, it’s still not the same as what the panoptix is showing you on the screen. Yes, you can see the fish mark and distance from sonar on your screen, with some guessing or calculating distance from you based on the angle your viewing you can find the fish. You can mount a side imaging transducer on a stick and point it, or even have the hummingbird 360 out there, If all you want is a side finder, that’s fine.
 But that’s not what panoptix is,

then live scope refined it and basically turned a pixelated web cam and made it HD,

of course it can used year round, not just through the ice. watching your lure on the screen and the fish reacting is no longer a 2d vertical game, you can do it with every Cast! I’ve only used my panoptix ice pack a few times since I got it in sept, but I’ve learned a lot. I’m pointing it forward clamped on my trolling motor. I can see from the surface to the bottom in any direction I point my motor.  I can compare it side by side with regular sonar, it’s amazing how much was missed before. I now See all the fish and bait balls that you would of never seen on your tradional sonar because they skirted off to the sides before your boat got over them. Fish and schools of bait that did get picked up with regular sonar show up at 15-20ft down, but they were actually cruising at around 10ft down until the boat approached. the fish started diving or moving off to the sides about 25-30’ in front of my boat while I was trolling towards them at 2mph. Honestly I kinda wish I held out to see if this livescope will come out in an ice pack, but the extra weight made me “settle” for the ps22 pack that I’ve been drooling over for the past year.
Sorry for the rant and suddenly sounding like a panoptix fanboy here, but it literally takes our fishing video game from 2D to 3D! Or it’s like having a camera that actually is helpful in finding fish vs seeing only a few ft in front of it. 

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 13, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Here is the new DIY video to make the customized power cable.

Very easy

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2018, 09:24 AM »
so how good is it after you've used it to find where you have to move to be on top of fish (being we fish that way on ice) as far as specs and what it looks like on screen using the ice ducer?
is it better than what we have available now?
also they need to make a ice ducer holding arm so your not competing with a giant swim noodle in the ice hole.

no one will answer that question in any thread dealing with this unit. they just talk about the other ducer only.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.