Author Topic: Panoptix on steroids - it just got WAY better and more expensive  (Read 11528 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Could you stack 2 batteries in the bag if you wanted to? Also, it looks like the bag was discontinued.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
Could you stack 2 batteries in the bag if you wanted to? Also, it looks like the bag was discontinued.
Yeah, I built a wooden base for mine. Scheels has 7 of the bags in stock:
https://www.scheels.com/p/clam-deluxe-flasher-bag/71992109749.html

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
The bag is last year's Clam, it looks like there will be a new model this year.  I put a dbl bottom on it, the bottom is where the black box is mounted and the top everything else.  There is room to stack 2 12ah bats but since I'm using sla battery I only want the weight of one.  When sitting inside my shack I'll hook it up to my battery box with 2 12ah sla's, it seems one bat should last 5-6 hrs.  I haven't officially weighed the pack yet but would guess around 18lbs.
]

Offline MatfromWisco

• IceShanty Rookie
Posted the DIY Livescope portable in a new thread check out the intro vid there!!!
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=360484.0

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Need to know how livescope performance is in 60 plus fow.  I need to be able to mark a jig that deep and have it mark well while reeling in at considerable speeds. Anyone have any experience with that yet?

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
I can pick up even small fish at about 40 forward view under ice pointing in a direction. I think once you'd be able to focus on the jig and stay on it you'll be able to see it. Ultimately I think you want to be seeing fish....

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
I can pick up even small fish at about 40 forward view under ice pointing in a direction. I think once you'd be able to focus on the jig and stay on it you'll be able to see it. Ultimately I think you want to be seeing fish....

Nope I completely disagree and I do because the reason I ask is for a specific style of fishing..if I cant mark my jig in relation to the laker chasing it so I can judge what tempo the retrieve should be I am sunk and would be doing no better with livescope than I was with my flx28. My ps22 has marked ok at 70ft once the settings were correct. 

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I’d like to see the epic reports of catching fish with the Panoptix before I’d pull the trigger of purchasing it. If that unit is as great as people say it is.... there should be more/better catches of fish. I’m with lowaccord on being able to see the jig/bait in relation to the fish in deep water.
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
I said forward view, of course I can see the live picture in down view....😀 I thought you were wondering about forward view

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
I was able to sell my PS22 and get into the Livescope system for a good price this summer, so I figured I'd report back. Livescope is INSANE. I had it out for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was absolutely mesmerized watching fish on it. I put it in downvu as I drifted over a deep weed edge and watched a bass come up and hit my plastic. I could literally see his tail moving.  Now I can't speak to catching more fish ice fishing, but I certainly put it to good use in open water and caught several fish off of swim docks and other cover after scanning and seeing the fish there on the screen. The only downside is the weight. I've got it set up with 2-10aH LiFePO4 batteries in a clam bag and my setup probably weighs 15#.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
I haven't checked lately to see if they are available to buy.  I had one on order back in February, and the retailer cancelled my order because Garmin couldn't deliver.  If they're available, what's the going price.  I bought the 93SV unit already, just need livescope now. 

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
$1499.99 MSRP. Try Lisa Collins with Ultimate Passage; they might have a better deal. Unfortunately the high demand hasn't really led to any price drops.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.