Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 223696 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4800 on: May 02, 2024, 02:36 PM »
Eddie, thanks for the query!! I'm getting along pretty good for a stove up old fart!!! I hit 80 in about a month!! Going out to buy some plants for my raised beds!! Just growing some maters and bell peppers!! Good luck with your garden and your fishing!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4801 on: May 02, 2024, 04:56 PM »

This says it all

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4802 on: May 02, 2024, 08:05 PM »
Good evening, 67 with a clear sky if these warmer temperature stick around will have to check that my AC units are working properly.  In the college campus protests news the president of Suny New Paltz has met with student group. he informed them the setting up of tents on campus grounds violates rules. So far no mention of any action being taken to remove the tents. One student interviewed said after they saw Tuesday's events at Columbia and other NYC area colleges felt they had to act fast. Supposedly last week an attempt was made to hold protest at Suny New Paltz students told at that time such action violated school policy and could not happen on campus disciplinary action threated against students who chose to ignore this statement. Suny New Paltz president has said he is working to resolve the protest and keep things peaceful on campus.

NYC Mayor Eric Adams defended actions taken by NYPD after they were contacted by a few city colleges asking for help . Part of problem is outside agitators getting involved with the students and causing issues. The mayor respects the right to protest but will not tolerate damage to school property and other acts of violence.

Ice Wanderer I also thought of Kent State with all that is going on at college campuses across NY. state and the nation.
Hunts2long may scout be looking good after the grooming.
Eddie I hope today's visit with the surgeon and your other appointments show everything is good and you can go for longer time periods between check-up visits.
OldSaior glad things are going well for you. best wished with this year's gardening.
Wallyworld sorry the striped kitty paid you a visit today. If heading out tomorrow may it be the best fishing day of this trip.

Thank you for the congratulations for Cornwall boy's varsity lacrosse team. like Eddie posted may Wednesday's victory be a spark and the boys have a strong finish with the remaining games in regular season.

keep safe, stay healthy. pray we do not see major outbreaks of violence at any of our nations colleges. I agree with Ice Wanderer we do not need another Kent State.

Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4803 on: May 02, 2024, 08:53 PM »
Well daughter and I took the boat out today , however the boat launch and overflow parking was over full but for one handicapped trailer parking spot which we were able to use.  Lost count at 225. Empty trailers.  Massive pro bass tournament in progress thru Sunday. For such a shallow/narrow creek from the launch to the main lake was a nightmare trying to main control and fish in that creek for crappie’s ended up with 7 small bluegills, 1 LMB, and one channel catfish.  Boat handled well with the additional person and had it running smooth at 35MPH.

Thought we might have another nice day again tomorrow, but checking 10 day forecast guessers have all 10 days of rain.

See you in the morning, take care all
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4804 on: May 03, 2024, 05:10 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                    It's 45* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                    Wally............That's the weirdest striped bass that I have ever seen. :roflmao:
                    Eddie............I hope you got a good report from your doctor. :thumbsup:
                    OS...............I hope your raised beds deliver you a good harvest. :flex:
                    Bud.............Wow, that's a lot of boat trailers, and boats, I bet it's cluster f%$# at the end of the day. :cookoo:
                    Steve...........The chaos that is happening over the country is deplorable, and it's not all about the problem over in Israel, Gazza, some students
            are complaining about the college's policies. Spoiled little, I can't say what I want to say. :%$#!:
                    Yesterday I went and got some summer wood, the guy I got it from last year turns 84 and isn't doing wood anymore. He still has wood there but most
            Is too big for me to handle. I was able to scrounge a load.
                    I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. StaySafe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4805 on: May 03, 2024, 06:03 AM »
47* and a few clouds.

WW, sorry about the skunk, I have seen a few in my day. Talked to one person that had caught 2 walleyes and they were both about 15 inches. Seeing a lot of kayak fishermen and some have spent a lot of money on them. Saw one with 2 big fish finders, a trolling motor about 6 rods, they has to be a point when you buy a "boat". To top that he was taking it off a pontoon trailer.

OS, I stopped putting anything in a couple years ago. Good luck with the garden.

IW, I think many people had firewood left over as I am seeing more people selling it along the roads.

IFF, glad you were able to get out and find some fish. Our weather doesn't look that great the next 10 days, they have be wrong before.

Mr. C, you would be a "proud" parent to spent money to send a kid to school, then see them on the "news". There would be NO "loan" forgiveness then!

Eddie, I saw a stocking truck yesterday but don't know where they had been. I will have to go down to the launch because if it was there, the trout seem to hang around for a few days which is too bad as once the word gets out everybody and his brother show up.

Scout looks good after her "spa" day.

While I was out with Scout, my nephew came and trimmed some brush on the bank of the lake and took a couple limbs off some trees, still have to come back with the chipper.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4806 on: May 03, 2024, 08:04 PM »
Better day….8 browns from 17-22”

And this

::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4807 on: May 03, 2024, 09:46 PM »
Good evening, 54 currently high today was in the upper sixties . Wednesday's Cornwall boy's varsity lacrosse victory over Middletown did not give them a spark for today's game. I expected a tougher contest as their opponent Minisink Valley has a better won-loss record and their starting goaltender is one of the better players at that position in Section Nine. Minisink won easily by a score of 17 goals to one for Cornwall. Cornwall's next game is Wednesday May 8TH against Kingston who is also playing well this season.

Thursday night over 100 people were arrested at the Suny New Paltz protest. the college had given the protesters until 9 PM to remove their tents this request with met by the protestors. Around 10 Pm there was still a large crowd of people in the area of protest some of the protestors were seated on the ground arms locked and chanting "Free Palestine" law enforcement offices moved in and started making arrests people standing outside of area blocked off by law enforcement started chanting "Protect our Campus and Shame on SUNY"  I will leave a link below to my local newspapers website so those interested can view and read the news story.

IFF may the weather allow you and your daughter to fish at a less crowded nearby body of water before she leaves for her home.
Ice Wanderer glad your Summer firewood supplier still had some stock left that will fit into your wood boiler. Sorry to hear this source of wood will no longer be available to you.
Hunts2long nice to read that Scout had a good "Spa day" at her groomers. I guess it depends on student's parents feeling about the protest if they would be upset seeing them getting arrested on television. To me is concern of possibly losing any aid money their child maybe receiving which helps lower cost of college. If a college can legally remove the students from receiving the aid money.
Wallyworld glad it was a better day for the two of you. I assume you are back home as depending on weather Lake Ontario will be crowded this weekend with it being first of the recently opened Walleye season.

Here is the newspaper link for those interested.   https://www.recordonline.com i tested link it is correct scroll down page to find news story.

May everyone have a nice weekend.
    Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4808 on: May 04, 2024, 05:29 AM »
48* and cloudy.

WW, looks like a much better day, fish and weather wise.

I see a boat trolling up the shoreline just below the house.

Mr. C, it seems like once they get chased off one campus they move on to another.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4809 on: May 04, 2024, 07:34 AM »
Morning all,

Nice to be home again  :thumbsup:

Have some catching up to do to see what everyone's been up to the past few days, hope all is going well for all  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4810 on: May 04, 2024, 10:16 AM »
Just my opinion, but those protestors are supposed to be in college to get an education, not protest!! As others have said, cancel their scholarships and send them home!! in fact all protesters should be expelled until next fall!! I didn't spend 21 years of my life protecting their right to protest!! yes, I know about freedom of speech, but not in this case!! Time to get off the soapbox and stow it away!!!  :woot: :thumbsup: :callcops: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :whistle: :%$#!:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4811 on: May 04, 2024, 12:48 PM »
OS…. :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4812 on: May 04, 2024, 09:14 PM »
Good evening 55 and rain falling. I made the drive to my Sister-BIL's home this afternoon for an early Mother's Day celebration. We had an early supper at local restaurant. Newburgh has a new police chief from with-in it rank of officers. Currently a lieutenant has been a member of Newburgh's police force since 2008.

Hunts2long there are different organizations contacting the students about staging a protest. So your correct about moving from one campus to the next.
Wallyworld thank you for sharing the photos. glad the trip ended with a good day on the water.

A good Sunday wished for everyone.
    Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4813 on: May 05, 2024, 05:10 AM »

Good morning ER's
                     It's 48* and raining here on my hill. ::)
                     OS..............I totally agree with you.  :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:
                     Wally...........I'm glad that your last day was a banner day.  :flex: The one Brown with the eel, did Mr. WW remove it from the fish before releasing it. :unsure:
                     H2l.............You would think that DEC would find an obscure spot to release the fish. :whistle:
                     Steve..........It's good that you were able get to your sister's for an early Mother's Day dinner. :thumbsup:
                     Yesterday my neighbor/boss and I cleaned up two properties, both were on a hill side and surprisingly I'm not too sore this morning.
                     I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4814 on: May 05, 2024, 05:34 AM »
46* rain and quite windy.

WW, I bet it is nice to be back home, looks like Tuesday will be a good day to get out into the yard.

The wife rode up to Olmstedville with Lindsay yesterday to pick up her canoe.

There were a few car/trucks at the launch yesterday but not as many as I thought being it was the first weekend. Still more kayaks than boats.

IW, I agree but they have always done it a launch sites. What gets me is they could do it at the Northville site "before" there is any fishing allowed. That way the trout would have time to spread out into the lake.

Not much planned for today, we have a busy week coming up, I believe the wife has at least one appointment everyday but one.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4815 on: May 05, 2024, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

IW......glad the clean up didn't leave you too sore this morning  :flex:  the lamprey dropped off the brown in the boat, I almost went overboard   :o  it went back in the lake minus it's head  :pinch:

H2L....best wishes to MrsH2 with her appointments this week  :)  On Ontario they load the DEC truck on a barge and release the fish out in the lake  ;)

MrC......glad you were able to have dinner with your sister and b-i-l, hope he's making progress with his recovery  :thumbsup:

I can't get over how quickly the leaves came out on the trees this past week, seems they were just budding when we left on Wednesday and completely open when we got home Friday   :clap:  amazing what a day of warm sunshine will do  @)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4816 on: May 05, 2024, 07:40 AM »
Good morning ER’s. WW same here with the leaves

A break in the rains, have a bright sunny morning, although way too wet to do any grass mowing. Daughter sleeping in I see, and I dread the thought of trying to take the boat out while there still may be 200 plus boats using the boat launch.   

Have a great day all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4817 on: May 05, 2024, 09:40 AM »
OS I agree with you also, I think some are protesting and not even understanding what the protests are about, just want to be included or have their 10 minutes of fame. Well the wife had a banner day at the expo. It was a good to see her so happy about it, but she wore herself out and was extremely tired but slept well last night. I think to totals were 38 BBQ sauces sold, 26 or so take and drink lemonade, a couple of the twisters. A cool down wrap for the daughter but I also think there was some good conversations that might result in other sales of some of the wraps and rice bags later on for the daughter. Well today us starting out pretty nice trying to decide if I should bring up the boat launching or not. Well have a great Sunday everyone back to omletes and coffee.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4818 on: May 05, 2024, 08:13 PM »
Good evening currently 51 degrees outside raining for most of the day. if weather guessers are correct will see a warm up tomorrow with high in the middle seventies and a dry day. See that i forgot to mention when i arrived at my sister and BIL's home she was on the phone with our great aunt. I talked with my aunt briefly she sounds good and is in goos spirits still having back pain. She will be seeing a doctor about the back pain otherwise she is doing well.
Ice Wanderer good to read you have little to no soreness after working yesterday with your neighbor/boss.
Hunts2long best wished for your wife with this week's appointments. may Lindsay get lots of use and enjoyment from the canoe purchase.
Wallyworld my BIL seems to have things in order ,they live close to their village's business center so we walked to the restaurant. I noticed he now moves at a slower pace and scuffs his feet on the ground at times told by my sister he has some difficulty getting up-down the stair case in their home. They are having a few maintenance /upkeep projects done to the house later this Spring /summer. also starting to clean out the house. Combined school county/town property taxes are high in their area of new jersey. The house was built in 1926 so between needed upkeep and taxes planning to sell in a couple of years and the get an apartment in the area. I also agree trees leafed out quick this year view from my apartment windows now limited by all the new growth.
IFF glad you are getting a break from the rain. Enjoy the remaining time in your daughter's visit.
Fish/hunt4ever good to hear your wife had a banner day at the expo. If you got out in the boat today hope you located fish and caught a few.

May everyone have a good Monday. Best to all fishing this week.
   Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4819 on: May 05, 2024, 08:51 PM »
No boat today, got the hoses out to water some trees and bushes. Got the irrigation pump started and found a couple places of pipe I need to replace. Then the wind came up this afternoon and blew pretty good. So got some laundry done and things moved and pit back in the boat. Well off to bed for another week of work.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4820 on: Today at 04:12 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello, heading back to the lake to look for some browns again  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4821 on: Today at 04:41 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                          It's 45* and foggy here on my hill. ::)
                          Wally..........Good luck out on the lake today. :thumbsup:
                          Fish............I'm glad to read that your wife did well at the Expo. :clap:
                          Steve..........At least your BIL can walk the short distance to the village after what he went through. :thumbsup:
                          Bud.............Week days is a better time to fish, you won't have to deal with the weekend warriors . :whistle:
                          It rained here all day yesterday so all I did was to go to the dump.
                          I have my appointment with the orthopedic doctor later this morning, hopefully he has some answers.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4822 on: Today at 05:24 AM »
50* and cloudy.

WW, good luck today!

Didn't do much yesterday, think I have "gout" in my left ankle, I can hardly walk. It better improve before we go to NYC or I may be setting in the car.

IW, good luck with your appt. today.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4823 on: Today at 07:09 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Well this morning I have a thunderstorm parked over my head, so no fishing this morning
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.