New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Big Catch  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Ringback Perky

• IceShanty Rookie
Big Catch
« on: Mar 09, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Is anybody besides me sick and tired of Big Catch Bait store. They open when they feel like it, the minnows are too big one week and too small the next, 6.50 for 50 but 50 dont look like 50, emeralds dont look like emeralds.  They are so lucky they're the only game in town other wise they would be out of buisiness. Never seen anything like it .  Cant wait till spring so i can dip my own.

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Big Catch
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Hey the great state of n.y. is offering 10 years no tax for new businesses. Open a bait store and run it the way you like.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2014, 05:34 PM »
well there is no Emeralds to be had in NY, where I'm at they are called perch goldens , or small shiners and they are trucked in from out of state

Offline wish4fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2014, 07:27 PM »
The guy I get my bait from said the ice is too thick for his supplier to net them

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2014, 11:28 AM »
Is anybody besides me sick and tired of Big Catch Bait store. They open when they feel like it, the minnows are too big one week and too small the next, 6.50 for 50 but 50 dont look like 50, emeralds dont look like emeralds.  They are so lucky they're the only game in town other wise they would be out of buisiness. Never seen anything like it .  Cant wait till spring so i can dip my own.
Dip your own now. I haven't bought a minnow all winter and have had bait every Saturday.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline fishin716

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2014, 02:03 PM »
The owner is a dick! Counts dead shiners in his exact 12 dozens and I agree who closes for 2 hours at 1:30 on a weekday. He didnt pay for those 3 or 4 brand new bait trucks by giving people a fair deal on bait he did by being stingey and the only one around.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.