Author Topic: Brook trout help  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Gavins1800

• Team IceShanty Regular
Brook trout help
« on: Nov 09, 2019, 01:25 PM »
So I am planning to do a lot more trips into NH this year because I will be getting a license and fishing sunapee a lot but I was wondering where I should start looking of I wanted to get some brook trout through the ice within 45 mins of jaffrey. You dont have to give a specific spot i just dont know what lakes/areas they are in. I will be doing all catch and release

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Brook trout help
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Shallow coves in 2-10 ft of water, close to shore. Use small minnows or earthworms on your traps, but you’ll have better hookup rate with a jig rod.

Offline Gavins1800

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2019, 04:03 PM »
Shallow coves in 2-10 ft of water, close to shore. Use small minnows or earthworms on your traps, but you’ll have better hookup rate with a jig rod.
Thanks

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2019, 03:26 AM »
You can also check here https://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/bathymetry.html which will give you a general idea if Brook trout are in the lake your fishing.

Offline Dirt23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2019, 05:44 AM »
So I am planning to do a lot more trips into NH this year because I will be getting a license and fishing sunapee a lot but I was wondering where I should start looking of I wanted to get some brook trout through the ice within 45 mins of jaffrey. You dont have to give a specific spot i just dont know what lakes/areas they are in. I will be doing all catch and release
Might be more of a hall than willing to put in but tewksbury in Grafton has some nice brookie and browns can be slow fishing due to lots of forage but worth a try

LukequabbinMA

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2019, 10:18 AM »
same im looking to get out this weekend for brookies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.