Author Topic: First Ice  (Read 2897 times)

Offline TheSylvanSpinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can i claim the tackle shop owner as a dependent?
First Ice
« on: Nov 05, 2019, 02:09 PM »
Looking to head out this weekend. Lets see some first ice reports.

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: First Ice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Be safe cannot really trust the ice this early.

Let us know how it turns out.

SHOTGUN

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2019, 07:56 AM »
This weekend was a helper.  Saw a high yesterday of -18.  It has been hovering near -20 for 2 days straight.  The lakes North and a bit East of Edmonton should be looking good.  Trout ponds Edmonton and North should be in fishable shape.  They were all frozen over a week ago.

I'll likely get out next weekend, long term forecast looks warm.  Or, in a couple weeks if not.  Probably start at a small trout lake.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2019, 04:16 PM »
East central, small trout pound. Less than 50 yards out about 3"

sirsmokesalot

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Pigeon lake boat launch 150 ft out or so 4 solid inches 1 inch bad ice on top were tracks aways out but was a white out didnt chance it solo

Offline Republic of Alberta

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2019, 10:21 AM »
After the warm weather there is some sketchy ice out there.   I was out yesterday in north west Alberta.  By the end of the day Ice was rotten almost all the way through.  Total thickness  6” some places 1.5” in others.  Mabey 1/2” of clear ice at the bottom at best rotten and soft all the way through at worst.

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2019, 02:38 PM »
After the warm weather there is some sketchy ice out there.   I was out yesterday in north west Alberta.  By the end of the day Ice was rotten almost all the way through.  Total thickness  6” some places 1.5” in others.  Mabey 1/2” of clear ice at the bottom at best rotten and soft all the way through at worst.

Maybe just the lake you were at.  I was 6 inches and it was warm and wet on top but the ice was hard and just fine.
That said, it will not matter after this week when temperatures get to -7 or -6 highs.  With no snow, we are going to see some great ice form over the next two weeks.  Game on after that!

Offline bigtroutalberta

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2019, 07:10 AM »
Anyone from cold lake area how is French mans bay doing for ice ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.