The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: WOOHOO!!!!  (Read 1237 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WOOHOO!!!!
« on: Aug 27, 2019, 07:22 AM »
The Farmers' Almanac said almost all of the U.S. is projected to have below average temperatures, with the coldest weather coming in the Midwest and Northeast.
Not only will the winter be colder, but it is expected to go deeper into the spring for the Midwest and Northeast.

Offline mattthehairy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a beverage here man!
Re: WOOHOO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2019, 10:30 PM »
I read about this today and just knew it was going to be posted up here! HAH  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge

' \
                                 '   \
                                 '     \@
                                 '       \\
             --------------( ' )---------------
                                 '
                   ><:>      '     <:::><
                                 '
                   ><:::>   *

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2019, 12:14 PM »
As much as some love to hate the winter, I love the winter.
I will always be willing to explain how I could be so "different" from my friends and family.

I started out as a skier and then a snowboarder as a way to keep active during the winter months.
While everyone else was in "hibernation" mode, I was up and out before sunrise to hit the slopes.

Then age reared it's ugly side and my knees started to ache a little more and more each year, so I voluntarily gave up those activities.

I still loved the winter, so I looked for something I could do other than sledding with the nieces and nephews on odd days, and found ice fishing.
Then as I continued to acquire the gear I needed to fish productively, I would be gone most weekends from Christmas to Easter (in good seasons).

I've had more good years than bad, only slipped on the ice a few times (most were comical and not painful), and I've had the opportunity to show others how much fun ice fishing can be.

Now I start to get antsy around this time of year, hoping for an early freeze....

And my friends and family still think I'm crazy!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2019, 05:30 PM »
Now I start to get antsy around this time of year, hoping for an early freeze....

And my friends and family still think I'm crazy!
I have been waiting all summer for an early freeze and it still hasn't happened. Maybe mid December like last year. Thanksgiving would be real nice! As far as being crazy, They'll never understand unless they get out there and do it!

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2019, 06:09 PM »
The northwest is no exception. Woke up to 4 inches of snow in town this morning. Its been below freezing at night in the mountains for a week straight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for early ice.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2019, 08:24 PM »
I saw a wooly bear cattipilar at my golf course this morning that had tiny black bands on the  ends and a very wide brown band in the middle. If I remember correctly this  indicates a mild winter.  Hope I'm incorrect   bring on the ice
John

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.