The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Last ice vid  (Read 2012 times)

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Last ice vid
« on: Mar 26, 2019, 06:26 AM »
Well it's been another awesome season with lots of pike hitting the ice. It's been a lot of fun trying to capture some of it on camera and trying to get a strike on cam. Unfortunately I'll still be trying to get that done next year, until then heres some highlights of the last week of the season. My buddy mike got his best of the season at 34" 10lbs.  Theres some crazy carp action too
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline Pizzamaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Last ice vid
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2019, 09:16 AM »
Hell yea man definitely a great season .

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2019, 10:02 AM »
Nice work with the vids!

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Hell yea man definitely a great season .
we gotta do some open water action this year
Nice work with the vids!
thank you sir 😁 nice job with those lakers!

Offline SkunkLuvver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Great video!
You might not have gotten to film a bite but you came ridiculously close.

Very cool to see the way they interact with the bait.
Neat to see a carp following one around too.
I like when different species are buddies. Makes me happy  :)

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:57 PM »
Great video and even nicer fish
westernmas on the finder

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2019, 06:20 AM »
THIS WOULD HAVE ME CHANGING THE HANG, THE SCENT, THE COLOR, THE DEPTH I WOULD GO MAD TRYING TO TWEAK IT SO HE WOULD TAKE IT..IM GOOD AT OVER THINKING IT LOL. NICE JOB

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2019, 08:24 AM »
THIS WOULD HAVE ME CHANGING THE HANG, THE SCENT, THE COLOR, THE DEPTH I WOULD GO MAD TRYING TO TWEAK IT SO HE WOULD TAKE IT..IM GOOD AT OVER THINKING IT LOL. NICE JOB

drives me crazy!!! I'm really starting to think a lot of it just depends what mood they are in. I went from doubled up single strand wire with beads to just one strand wire no beads, no difference. Flouro with beads, flouro without beads no difference. Live bait/dead bait again no difference. A lot of the time I will get a hit on a bait I had the cam on with fish not hitting in low light conditions, which just shows the theory of low light conditions being best to hold true.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2019, 08:33 AM »
drives me crazy!!! I'm really starting to think a lot of it just depends what mood they are in. I went from doubled up single strand wire with beads to just one strand wire no beads, no difference. Flouro with beads, flouro without beads no difference. Live bait/dead bait again no difference. A lot of the time I will get a hit on a bait I had the cam on with fish not hitting in low light conditions, which just shows the theory of low light conditions being best to hold true.

To this point, I think I'll be adding hole covers to my arsenal next year.  Was reading that a lot of the landlock salmon guys kick snow back in the hole after they set their traps to block the light out.  Curious if blacking out the hole will result in more bites.  I've had friends that have done it with minimal success but they don't get out enough for it to be a good enough sample to say.
westernmas on the finder

Offline KillerFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2019, 12:55 PM »
To this point, I think I'll be adding hole covers to my arsenal next year.  Was reading that a lot of the landlock salmon guys kick snow back in the hole after they set their traps to block the light out.  Curious if blacking out the hole will result in more bites.  I've had friends that have done it with minimal success but they don't get out enough for it to be a good enough sample to say.

I always kick snow into the hole for pike - I’ve always thought it helps

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2019, 01:19 PM »
Hole covers for sure Pat.

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2019, 01:23 PM »
I agree on the hole covers, my round thernals have been top producers

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Funny how things work sometimes. Snuck out one more half day trip this morning. Outa the 3 flags I had 2 of them came on.... you guessed it, the thermal. First was a slime dart, then this gal said hello. Perfect fish to end the season. Good luck to everyone still going out!

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2019, 03:14 AM »
I hated the idea of hole covers. I didnt wanna carry them in my sled. And I wanted to see spool without touching. But Jon convinced me to give them a shot..and I figure if I'm fishing 2-3' of water..big ol pike would have sun shinning right on her face without covers..admittedly havnt done much if any better then my friends leaving the hole open

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2019, 05:31 AM »
I always use hole covers too. Not sure if it helps but I don't think it hurts so any little advantage I can get, I  try.

Offline Bigbellybilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bigbellybilly
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:12 PM »
Awesome video thanks for sharing
Bigbelly

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Apr 01, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Wow at the 3:04 mark when that pike swims up and looks right at the hook and swims off...
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Funny how everybody thinks pike are this aggressive, bold, fearless, fish that will attack anything it sees.  So many people claim that pike don't care about hooks or they are not line shy, ect.  I'm sure that may be true sometimes.....but not very often in my experience.  I have watched enough videos of pike spending a great deal of time inspecting and nosing a beautiful live or dead bait and then simply swimming off.  That pike sure looked like it was staring right at the hook before it swam off, huh?  Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Totally agree pikeking. Trout seem to be far more aggressive under the ice then pike most of the time. I experimented with one live/one dead on the same hook just to give em something different, had pretty good success in the short time. Gonna try it more next year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.