Author Topic: Maynard Goby jig  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Maynard Goby jig
« on: Jan 20, 2010, 02:55 PM »
Anyone use these?I just bought some today and was just wondering.
BBJ

Offline Professor Finessor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Maynard Goby jig
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2010, 10:55 PM »
What's it look like ? post a picture !   8)
If I wanted to remember something stupid like that,.......... I'd have to forget something intelligent...!

Offline slowkota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Biggest jumbo yellabellies
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2010, 12:05 AM »
What's it look like ? post a picture !   8)

I think these are what he's talking about... correct me if I'm wrong!

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Yep thats them.
BBJ

Offline riverjunky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just walkin on the water
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2010, 11:58 AM »
never tried them but it looks tempting. let everyone know how you do with them

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Yea...I bought a bunch directly from Maynard's just last week. Now that I'm able to see them up close and personal, I think the chain/hook combo is too big for most Panfishing situations, especially on the 1/8 oz. size I bought. I may swap some out with Hali chains and compare the two while fishing....WK

Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2010, 01:50 PM »
I'm tring them tomorrow for perch so I will let all know.
Thanks
BBJ

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2010, 01:24 AM »
I'm tring them tomorrow for perch so I will let all know.
Thanks
BBJ

Did you get 1/8 or 1/4 oz. size or both?...WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:44 AM »
I have both in crayfish

Offline Phouvieng

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2010, 09:14 AM »
Hard to tell from that picture, but is the bait a spoon or is it shaped like a crankbait?

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2010, 11:36 AM »
They're more of a jigging spoon...

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:45 PM »
Yea...I bought a bunch directly from Maynard's just last week. Now that I'm able to see them up close and personal, I think the chain/hook combo is too big for most Panfishing situations, especially on the 1/8 oz. size I bought. I may swap some out with Hali chains and compare the two while fishing....WK

(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

I swapped out a few of their style chains for the Hali style today. when I get time I'll post a pic....WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2010, 10:19 AM »
They worked ok but not the magic pill.I found if you bounce them fast the hook will get tangled in the ring.
BBJ

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:16 PM »
I had a chance to try them Sat. morning. The ones I swapped out for Hali chains worked great! It wasn't a hot bite but I caught several Perch and Gills (and one Crappie) before the bite petered out. I put one on with the "Maynard" style chain later in the morning and never got a hit on it although I was still marking fish. By then the bite had pretty much petered out and they were being finicky as I suspect a lot of the sniffers were Gills that just didn't like that huge chain/hook combo...WK

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Here's a pic. of the two for comparison. These are the 1/8 oz. size. The Maynard hook is as big as the jig!! Incidentally, one of the Perch I caught Sat. had three baby Gills' about the size and shape of these jigs in it's stomach.....If you were a panfish...which one would you most likely grab ???....WK ;D

Although I do think the Maynard hooks will make great hook/chain combos on larger jigs like Forage minnows, Buckshots, Swedish Pimples, etc.etc.

Offline Phouvieng

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2010, 04:05 AM »
Thanks for the pic WANNAKETCHUM, those look awesome! Wish I had a Maynards in my area.

Also look a lot better with the hali chain. The original chain looks a little ridiculous on that specific bait.

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Thanks for the pic WANNAKETCHUM, those look awesome! Wish I had a Maynards in my area.

Also look a lot better with the hali chain. The original chain looks a little ridiculous on that specific bait.

I didn't buy them from a store...I bought them online. Go to maynardstackle.com to see their selection and order direct....WK

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please Take Your Garbage Home
« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2010, 04:31 PM »

I did a search online, you can buy these at maynardstackle.com

http://www.maynardstackle.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/sid=916359696.20955/cgi-bin/shop.pl/SID=1264717564.15300/page=maynards2i.htm#goby_jigger

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please Take Your Garbage Home
« Reply #18 on: Jan 28, 2010, 04:32 PM »

If you buy them and they work well let me know i'll buy some also

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.