Author Topic: Got my eye on the Mile  (Read 479 times)

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Got my eye on the Mile
« on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:23 AM »
I don't seem to be able to sit still this year. Patience has never been my strong suit. I try to follow the weather and temperature reports out of Hartsel as sort of a general guide to what it's like at Elevenmile. The guy at 11milesports.com, that is the store at the marina doesn't put out his fishing report until Thursday of each week generally. The high at Hartsel today will be 20 degrees, low of 7. Bouncing around the low 30's all week for a high. Certainly when it skins over for good then we're off to the races but until then the front range lakes may freeze first.
I need somebody to walk out there with an auger and report back that we're at 4" of ice and growing fast.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Fish Wolf

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Got my eye on the Mile
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:42 AM »
For years people have walked the shoreline there early ice yelling out asking if the ice is safe  ;D Always found it a funny question being where sitting on the ice fishing. This year I'm yelling back NO getting ready to go through any minute. No ice is safe and  you need to know the lake your fishing on. We have had 6" plus in one area there, walk a few hundrad yards and where on death ice 1" Also had years there when early morning the ice by pressure ridges is 4" plus and when it time to go there is 10' open water. Early ice makes one feel alive dodging the dreaded polar plunge  ;D.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.