Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Discussion on where to fish for walleye.  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Discussion on where to fish for walleye.
« on: Jan 09, 2021, 08:23 AM »

For the sake of discussion let talk West O walleye fishing, and the areas a guy would target for walleye. To get some chatter going.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Discussion on where to fish for walleye.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2021, 12:46 PM »
I'd probably hop the bays, looks like good feeding bays that should hold bait.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline ONFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:45 PM »
Combination of weeds and rocks has worked before. Also mudlines, if you can find them. Best part is in searching for those eyes you find an awesome perch bite....and they are nice keeper fish!!!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:15 PM »
Eagle point if there is any left in that lake. I never see them anymore. Go to the east side of the bar off the point.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2021, 11:30 PM »
Eagle point if there is any left in that lake. I never see them anymore. Go to the east side of the bar off the point.

Thanks.....so When I walleye fish durring open water I tend to either hit storm or silver. Never bother with the lakes open water.....

With a body that has so much deep deep water....do the walleye hang out in the 20-40ft depths?

All my years ice fishing west I've never seen a walleye fishing west....but I was always panfishing......which is more in the shallows.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2021, 09:33 PM »
Thanks.....so When I walleye fish durring open water I tend to either hit storm or silver. Never bother with the lakes open water.....

With a body that has so much deep deep water....do the walleye hang out in the 20-40ft depths?

All my years ice fishing west I've never seen a walleye fishing west....but I was always panfishing......which is more in the shallows.
I’ve been on plenty of weed line walleye bites through the ice in West. Find the rock bars too, they are good.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2021, 10:35 PM »
I've caught lots of panfish in 10' of water on west and seen and caught walleye in those areas. Just not in the last 5 years. In the summer, you can catch walleye over deep weeds and off the points pulling chubs at night.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.