Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Any good retailers in Iowa/Quad Cities??  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When Hell Freezes Over... I'll Ice Fish There To!
Any good retailers in Iowa/Quad Cities??
« on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Gonna be out that way at the end of the month, any places in Iowa or the quad cities that would be recommended stops. Have a few items to pick up.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
Re: Any good retailers in Iowa/Quad Cities??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Scheels is a good bet.  Bass Pro...or check your favorite lure makers websites and search their dealer directory avail. on most sites.  Just the way I do it...try to hunt down some out of the way tackle shops...sometimes they have some more unique items anyway...and will probably have the time to give you better suggestions than the big guy.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2009, 07:16 AM »
Are you just going to the Quad Cities or traveling through Iowa as well?  What route will you be taking?

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Nothing here except a gander mtn. Expect to pay 20-30% over MSRP for everything there.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline walleyekelly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Yep,
Gander Mountain is about your best bet, unless you make the trip to Scheels in Iowa City. Which is only about a 50 minute drive. I am origionally from western Iowa and do most of my ice fishin in Okoboji, where my family reside, and I always stop at scheels when I head that direction. I was at Gander yesterday to see what they had in- They were still working getting things out on the floor, so not everything was in yet.

There is a little place across the river in Rock Island that a few older gentlemen own that some firends told me about last winter. I cant remember the name of the place but I can get that for you. It would be worth checking out. They have so much stuff in this little place. I stopped by last winter just as they were putting there winter things away, so I didn't see how good of an ice fishing selection they had. Although, I think it would be worth checking. I did pick up some walleye jigg'n raps that I had never seen before.

Where are you from?

Kelly

Offline IceMANCooketh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2009, 09:33 PM »
Kelly,

I think the place you are talking about is Croegart's in Rock Island.  Good local shop, gets packed with ice gear in the winter.  I haven't been there yet to see if they have the ice gear out yet.

I live in Dport, but work in Rock Island not too far from Croegart's.  I just wish they had shiners, but all they have is fatheads.

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Are you just going to the Quad Cities or traveling through Iowa as well?  What route will you be taking?

I'll be in Des Moines as well!

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2009, 10:35 PM »
Yep,
Gander Mountain is about your best bet, unless you make the trip to Scheels in Iowa City. Which is only about a 50 minute drive. I am origionally from western Iowa and do most of my ice fishin in Okoboji, where my family reside, and I always stop at scheels when I head that direction. I was at Gander yesterday to see what they had in- They were still working getting things out on the floor, so not everything was in yet.

There is a little place across the river in Rock Island that a few older gentlemen own that some firends told me about last winter. I cant remember the name of the place but I can get that for you. It would be worth checking out. They have so much stuff in this little place. I stopped by last winter just as they were putting there winter things away, so I didn't see how good of an ice fishing selection they had. Although, I think it would be worth checking. I did pick up some walleye jigg'n raps that I had never seen before.

Where are you from?

Kelly

Kelly,

if you could get the name that will be great. I am originally from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan, but now live in NW Indiana about 45 min outside of Chicago. I am lucky, I have BPS, Cabelas and Gander within a half hour drive of my house, but always like checking out smaller store as they tend to carry more unique items. The big guys all carry the same stuff. I will be in Rock Island for sure and will check out Scheels as several have suggested it!

Thanks,

Tony

Thanks again and let me know if you get the name of the Rock Island shop.

Offline IceMANCooketh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2009, 05:49 PM »
Stopped at Scheel's in Iowa City today.  They have most of their ice gear out now.  Lacking a little on their bulk jigs at this time, but they have all their electronics, augers, rods, northland and lindy jigs and spoons out for viewing.  They have a bunch of tents as well, mostly clam some frabill.

They do have Marcum Lx-5's on sale for $399.99. Mostly last years stock, not sure if Marcum made any updates to the LX-5 this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.