Author Topic: Maxi  (Read 21782 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Maxi
« Reply #120 on: Feb 17, 2019, 02:29 PM »
Ya I guess rite before dark one of the nerds that run threw everyone with there wind sail deals ran in the open water for the third time this season......

Don't know how close they came to you guys fishing but they're under the same rules as snowmobiles, at high speeds its against the law to come real close to fisherman. Not sure the exact distance but there's regulations when going high speeds.

One year at Nyona a lake resident made several trips around a bunch of us at the N.end. One guy finally had enough and called the CO. The CO looked at the tracks and said he was comeing way to close and next time take photos to show proof of dangerous driving to close.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #121 on: Feb 17, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Yeah never thought about that ! They was close enough to me to be concerned about them hitting our tip ups

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Feb 17, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Yea... Those guys were zipping in between the shanty towns til dark lol it was something to see for my first time on the lake and never witnessing the ice sailing deal... But it was pretty nerve racking hearing the coming from a distance and not being able to see em from inside the shelter

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Feb 17, 2019, 06:45 PM »
There a bunch of yuppy tree huggers ! I don't think they like us on the lake . And I know they don't like it when I'm busting ducks at 7 am either ! They always seem to say hi with there fingers .... I don't get it  ;D

Offline icecleate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #124 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:14 PM »
The owners down there keep trying to make the lake private. They think because of their money and they can do it.

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:48 PM »
They always seem to say hi with there fingers .... I don't get it  ;D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :-[ :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:54 PM »
I've actually run into some very nice homeowners that live on the lake who have granted me access while allowing me to park. Kill 'em with kindness and respect their property. As far as duck hunting...let the steel fly as well as the birds ( middle fingers)!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:04 PM »
Ya In sure there is some good people around the lake , and I live for hunting and fishing I will never let anyone take my enjoyment or rite to do so away. When the get mad I just be nice and wave back for the most part , it really seems to bother them more lol

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Feb 17, 2019, 11:06 PM »
Seen the group of sails tonight. Also seen a pile of Shat on the ice.  :%$#!: Classy work whoever left that, you are a 1st class Winner!!!

Offline countryboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!
« Reply #129 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Great info Derslayer!

Offline Jigum313

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #130 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:58 AM »
Omighty.. was it a night time or daytime shat? Color, depth and location? Supply GPS coordinates or it didn’t happen😂🤣😂

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #131 on: Feb 18, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Lmao 😂 I’m going to have to say day time. As I walked up on it, I was thinking someone dropped something..... they sure did! 😆

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #132 on: Feb 18, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Seen the group of sails tonight. Also seen a pile of Shat on the ice.  :%$#!: Classy work whoever left that, you are a 1st class Winner!!!
Maybe one of the ice sails came to close to a fisherman, he got scared and carped his pants.

All kidding aside, If you've never taken a dump out on the ice then you've not ice fished long. Thing is just don't leave it, that's #*^@(!?. At least kick it down a hole.

Suggestion make your own porta pot. Hang a Walmart bag inside a 5gal bucket, they fit perfect just hang part of the bag outside the bucket. Set and do you job, pull the bag out and double tie it. Make sure you take it off the ice.

The DNR need to leave the porta pots out in the winter.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #133 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:06 PM »
if they let them portapoopers out in winter people would be making shanties out of them or pushing them out on the ice.

lmao  musky "kick it down a hole or something".

keep a plunger in the shanty please people.  can u imagine a brown trout floating up in your jigging hole.  lol   I think I would have to leave :sick:
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:23 PM »

lmao  musky "kick it down a hole or something

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #135 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:23 PM »
I've had a shat  ;D or two or three  ???  on the ice. Just like trash or dead fish, I never leave shat on the ice. Call it "ice fishing etiquettes" if you may.
So enough about Shat! That open hole is expanding every day now. Be careful out there. I found out how quick the ice thickness can fluctuate in some areas with major pucker factor  :o  involved. I managed 4 eyes, a bunch of perch.... brought home two keeper eyes and two keeper perch last night. Lots of fingerling perch. It's a wonderful fishery and I always enjoy being out there. 

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Going to spend the day on the ice, get there right about sun up. See how things go!
Got one goin'!

Offline crill1977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #137 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:29 PM »
Let us know how the ice is holding up...hope that lake will last has the most ice I've been on this year so lets hope so

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #138 on: Feb 20, 2019, 07:38 PM »
Anyone know where to get minnows near maxi? Coming from the west. Bass lake baitshop says its closed on Thursdays. Butch's doesn't have minnows. I found a place called Randy's in culver but no hours are listed and not even sure they have minnows.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Flatcoat1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #139 on: Feb 20, 2019, 07:41 PM »
If you are coming through LaPorte there is a bait store at the corner of US 35 and Johnson Road. They usually have minnows.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #140 on: Feb 20, 2019, 07:54 PM »
If you are coming through LaPorte there is a bait store at the corner of US 35 and Johnson Road. They usually have minnows.
I'm coming from pretty much straight west. Laporte is way out of the way. Thanks for the reply though.

Offline icecleate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Feb 20, 2019, 08:03 PM »
There is a bait shop in Demotte. I do not know the name or hours.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #142 on: Feb 20, 2019, 08:04 PM »
Depending what time of day your going... Eenigenburgs in demotte sells bait. East side of town right on rte 10.
Got one goin'!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Feb 20, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Depending what time of day your going... Eenigenburgs in demotte sells bait. East side of town right on rte 10.
Think they open at 8 or 9 till 5

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #144 on: Feb 20, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Their website says the blueberry farm opens at 7. I would assume the baitshop opens at the same time. At least i hope. If not it's plan b, whatever that is!

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Feb 20, 2019, 09:44 PM »
219-987-3500 is there number, they don't open in the winter till 8 or 9.
Tom

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #146 on: Feb 20, 2019, 11:06 PM »
Before going to most bait shops its best to call to see if they're open, you never know. No since wasting time/gas driving to a BS only to find them closed.

Randy's closed long ago unless someone bought it, this is the Randys N. of Culver on 17.

10 miles east of Maxy in Rochester has a shop called Timberwolf tradingpost but I would call first. Saturdays they supposed to be open from 8am-2pm, I was there around 930am and closed.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #147 on: Feb 20, 2019, 11:15 PM »
Anyone know where to get minnows near maxi? Coming from the west. Bass lake baitshop says its closed on Thursdays. Butch's doesn't have minnows. I found a place called Randy's in culver but no hours are listed and not even sure they have minnows.

I just looked at Bass lake bait and tackle facebook site, posted on Jan 22 "We're now open 7 days a week 7 am to 4 pm". I've never been there so call and be sure. Their FB site shows (574) 772-0229 but I got a recording when I called it.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-Lake-Bait-and-Tackle-709513312490007/

CLosed Thursdays is from an old facebook post. On Nov. 15 they posted "Starting next week we'll be going to Winter hours. 8am to 4pm. Closed Tuesday and Thursday".

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #148 on: Feb 21, 2019, 05:29 AM »
Thanks for the help fellows.

Offline Fishful Thinkin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #149 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Is anyone still getting on?
Want to give the last try tomorrow, but would like to know before the hour drive if there is still fishable ice.
Thanks for the help!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.