Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 221809 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4800 on: May 02, 2024, 02:36 PM »
Eddie, thanks for the query!! I'm getting along pretty good for a stove up old fart!!! I hit 80 in about a month!! Going out to buy some plants for my raised beds!! Just growing some maters and bell peppers!! Good luck with your garden and your fishing!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4801 on: May 02, 2024, 04:56 PM »

This says it all

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4802 on: May 02, 2024, 08:05 PM »
Good evening, 67 with a clear sky if these warmer temperature stick around will have to check that my AC units are working properly.  In the college campus protests news the president of Suny New Paltz has met with student group. he informed them the setting up of tents on campus grounds violates rules. So far no mention of any action being taken to remove the tents. One student interviewed said after they saw Tuesday's events at Columbia and other NYC area colleges felt they had to act fast. Supposedly last week an attempt was made to hold protest at Suny New Paltz students told at that time such action violated school policy and could not happen on campus disciplinary action threated against students who chose to ignore this statement. Suny New Paltz president has said he is working to resolve the protest and keep things peaceful on campus.

NYC Mayor Eric Adams defended actions taken by NYPD after they were contacted by a few city colleges asking for help . Part of problem is outside agitators getting involved with the students and causing issues. The mayor respects the right to protest but will not tolerate damage to school property and other acts of violence.

Ice Wanderer I also thought of Kent State with all that is going on at college campuses across NY. state and the nation.
Hunts2long may scout be looking good after the grooming.
Eddie I hope today's visit with the surgeon and your other appointments show everything is good and you can go for longer time periods between check-up visits.
OldSaior glad things are going well for you. best wished with this year's gardening.
Wallyworld sorry the striped kitty paid you a visit today. If heading out tomorrow may it be the best fishing day of this trip.

Thank you for the congratulations for Cornwall boy's varsity lacrosse team. like Eddie posted may Wednesday's victory be a spark and the boys have a strong finish with the remaining games in regular season.

keep safe, stay healthy. pray we do not see major outbreaks of violence at any of our nations colleges. I agree with Ice Wanderer we do not need another Kent State.

Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4803 on: May 02, 2024, 08:53 PM »
Well daughter and I took the boat out today , however the boat launch and overflow parking was over full but for one handicapped trailer parking spot which we were able to use.  Lost count at 225. Empty trailers.  Massive pro bass tournament in progress thru Sunday. For such a shallow/narrow creek from the launch to the main lake was a nightmare trying to main control and fish in that creek for crappie’s ended up with 7 small bluegills, 1 LMB, and one channel catfish.  Boat handled well with the additional person and had it running smooth at 35MPH.

Thought we might have another nice day again tomorrow, but checking 10 day forecast guessers have all 10 days of rain.

See you in the morning, take care all
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4804 on: Today at 05:10 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                    It's 45* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                    Wally............That's the weirdest striped bass that I have ever seen. :roflmao:
                    Eddie............I hope you got a good report from your doctor. :thumbsup:
                    OS...............I hope your raised beds deliver you a good harvest. :flex:
                    Bud.............Wow, that's a lot of boat trailers, and boats, I bet it's cluster f%$# at the end of the day. :cookoo:
                    Steve...........The chaos that is happening over the country is deplorable, and it's not all about the problem over in Israel, Gazza, some students
            are complaining about the college's policies. Spoiled little, I can't say what I want to say. :%$#!:
                    Yesterday I went and got some summer wood, the guy I got it from last year turns 84 and isn't doing wood anymore. He still has wood there but most
            Is too big for me to handle. I was able to scrounge a load.
                    I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. StaySafe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4805 on: Today at 06:03 AM »
47* and a few clouds.

WW, sorry about the skunk, I have seen a few in my day. Talked to one person that had caught 2 walleyes and they were both about 15 inches. Seeing a lot of kayak fishermen and some have spent a lot of money on them. Saw one with 2 big fish finders, a trolling motor about 6 rods, they has to be a point when you buy a "boat". To top that he was taking it off a pontoon trailer.

OS, I stopped putting anything in a couple years ago. Good luck with the garden.

IW, I think many people had firewood left over as I am seeing more people selling it along the roads.

IFF, glad you were able to get out and find some fish. Our weather doesn't look that great the next 10 days, they have be wrong before.

Mr. C, you would be a "proud" parent to spent money to send a kid to school, then see them on the "news". There would be NO "loan" forgiveness then!

Eddie, I saw a stocking truck yesterday but don't know where they had been. I will have to go down to the launch because if it was there, the trout seem to hang around for a few days which is too bad as once the word gets out everybody and his brother show up.

Scout looks good after her "spa" day.

While I was out with Scout, my nephew came and trimmed some brush on the bank of the lake and took a couple limbs off some trees, still have to come back with the chipper.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.