Author Topic: Any sneak peeks on new ice fishing gear?  (Read 19442 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Any sneak peeks on new ice fishing gear?
« Reply #121 on: Sep 05, 2018, 01:34 PM »
The issue with the Jiffy, is that they had/have a pretty lousy marketing for this auger already. Yes they are late to the electric game but what is their selling point that makes them better then the rest of market? That it is 42 volt and 6 amp over the SM 40V, 5amp? I sure hope not if it cant stand up to the inches of ice it can chrew threw with the ripper blades. They created some hype on FB with their countdown and have seen some people ask questions via their FB page about the longevity of the batteries and how much ice it will chew threw. So far I haven't seen any answers to this specific question. If you are going to sell an auger, people want real data before dropping that kind of coin on a machine.

I hope they prove me wrong and the thing is top of the line. That way it pushes the other electric auger companies out there to come out with something better.

Only time will tell.....

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Sep 05, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Ripper blades would be the attraction, but that might limit the number of holes. Guess we'll see,  outta my price range for now

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Sep 05, 2018, 07:46 PM »
old news, somehow someone here got a link to that in july while other sites are just now putting the catalog out. waiting on eskimo and acme to put out there catalog and i think thatll be most of the bigger ones

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #125 on: Oct 24, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #126 on: Oct 24, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Ooooooohhhhh.   A polycarbonate spoon with a glow stick...cool.

It's like the old Yozuri lures with glow sticks inserts.  Only it's a spoon.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #127 on: Oct 24, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Okay I went to the store to check out the Lindy glow sticks spoon there and wasn't that impressed with the finished product appearance.   I'm sure it will catch fish when it doesn't matter so much.  So I got other stuff from impulse buying.

I bought a Northland jig with a belly spinning blade.  Not that it's much different from a road runner or the Thumper jig.  But it's just a little different.

I also bought that VenomFloat spoon with the extra line tie hole.  To be honest I think the extra line tie is on the wrong side for fluttering effect,but it would be on the correct side for chatter blade swimming effect.  I only bought the smallest one.  Turns out I didn't read the package glow effect requirements for uv light to charge the glow.  Good thing I do have such a uv light.

And of course I bought into Acme Hyper Rattle bait.  Not for the rattle but because of its mean looking angry eyes.  It's a heavyweight lure and dives down fast. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.