Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540246 times)

Offline plfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #4140 on: Dec 16, 2021, 03:44 PM »
Chase Lake was capped this afternoon with about 1’-2” at the dock (all I had was a shovel).  About 20 spots on the lake up to 50’ in diameter with slush on top.  About 4-5” of new snow today but the cold temps should help a bit the next few nights.  Still need some extended cold and high temps to stay on the cool side for a while to make safe ice.

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4141 on: Dec 17, 2021, 11:05 AM »
Took a drive on Wed (12/15).  Cocolalla, Mirror, Sheppard, and Gamble were all open water with just a skiff of shelf ice around the edges.  I'm guessing they're close to capping now with this cold. 5 degrees here in Athol this morning.  Looks like a little warm up over the weekend to high-30's, otherwise not above freezing for the remainder of the 10 day forecast. 

I did a job in Blanchard, Stone Ridge on Monday and although likely not safe yet, Lake San Souci was completely frozen over.  That's a private lake but according to Google is open to the public.  Can anyone confirm?  If so, where is the access point and what are the target species there?  Looks really good.  I'm assuming it's full of bass, crappie, bluegill and perch?

Has anyone checked any of the northern lakes like Blue Lake or Freeman Lake near Priest River?

Offline IceChatter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4142 on: Dec 17, 2021, 09:59 PM »
I know what body of water to which you refer.  Didn't know it was called Lake San Souci? Always wondered on that one!
If somehow you get on it, and it's good..you might be the first...don't tell anyone (except me).

Looks like we got a decent season coming finally!!  There's a forecasted chance we can be walking on water by Sunday.....if yer stupid.  We are gonna go take a look Sunday.  Good luck to all...and to all a goodnight.

Offline gillsonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4143 on: Dec 17, 2021, 11:58 PM »
Been fishin all week, seek and you shall find  ;D

Offline smitty661

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4144 on: Dec 18, 2021, 08:34 AM »
Awesome! I will head north on my next days off to find safe ice. I heard a couple lakes on the Wa side are good to go.

Offline Joe34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4145 on: Dec 18, 2021, 10:12 AM »
Been fishin all week, seek and you shall find  ;D

Care to share where? I'd like to take the kids out this weekend, but only if it's safe.
Life is short. Go fishing.

Offline catfish2018

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4146 on: Dec 18, 2021, 10:37 AM »
 :tipup:Bummer people can’t share where the ice is kinda thought that’s what this website was for. Seasons pretty short for all the secrets lol!

Offline smitty661

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4147 on: Dec 18, 2021, 05:18 PM »
Covid positive so looks like I won’t be doing any fishing for the next 10days. Bummer

Offline Joe34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4148 on: Dec 19, 2021, 11:23 AM »
Went to Round lake yesterday. Ice was wet and sloppy, with about 2 inches, not safe enough yet. We stayed on the dock and drilled a few holes, caught a couple trout with the kids.

Offline catfish2018

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4149 on: Dec 19, 2021, 12:49 PM »
Thanks for info on round lake! Sound like it should be fishable soon can’t wait

Offline IceChatter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4150 on: Dec 19, 2021, 09:28 PM »
I know what body of water to which you refer.  Didn't know it was called Lake San Souci? Always wondered on that one!
If somehow you get on it, and it's good..you might be the first...don't tell anyone (except me).

Looks like we got a decent season coming finally!!  There's a forecasted chance we can be walking on water by Sunday.....if yer stupid.  We are gonna go take a look Sunday.  Good luck to all...and to all a goodnight.

Hey all:  I'm sorry about this post.  That was a dumb "keep it to yourself" joke.  I come here alot for ice reports and was in bad taste.
I'll try to bury it with some good ice reports for everyone this winter  :)

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4151 on: Dec 21, 2021, 02:59 PM »
Well Avondale is frozen shut but not yet safe to ice fish on hoping this 0° night's will help make it fishable soon
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4152 on: Dec 21, 2021, 03:32 PM »
Shaping up real nice!

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4153 on: Dec 21, 2021, 06:10 PM »
Checked upper Twin today.    2 inches at the dock.   Not good enough, but its a start.

Offline DR0CK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4154 on: Dec 21, 2021, 09:44 PM »
Does anyone fish eastern wa? I drive by sprague regularly and it's kinda iced over on the east end.  Mostly blown ice chunks accumulating . And any word on mirror?

Offline aza10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4155 on: Dec 22, 2021, 08:21 AM »
Does anyone fish eastern wa? I drive by sprague regularly and it's kinda iced over on the east end.  Mostly blown ice chunks accumulating . And any word on mirror?

I fished Thomas yesterday in WA. Good ice and okay perch bite. As for the Sagle area lakes I know round and shepherd we’re getting close but this snow will slow the process. Hopefully the lows temps forecasted for next week stay awhile. I’ll probably drive around this morning and double check a few just to get out, will report back.

Offline Po Tader

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4156 on: Dec 22, 2021, 01:34 PM »
I fished Thomas yesterday in WA. Good ice and okay perch bite. As for the Sagle area lakes I know round and shepherd we’re getting close but this snow will slow the process. Hopefully the lows temps forecasted for next week stay awhile. I’ll probably drive around this morning and double check a few just to get out, will report back.

That would be awesome to get an update on some of those lakes! I know we are all getting anxious to get on some ice. Just curious, how thick was the ice on Thomas?

Offline aza10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4157 on: Dec 22, 2021, 02:19 PM »
Thomas had anywhere from 5-7 with 3 clear.

Mirror is still mostly open water as of this morning.

Round has 1.5 of clear total being a touch over 3”. Bout 6” of fresh snow.  I’d say shepherd is about the same as it was the same as round a few days ago.

sihlms391

« Reply #4158 on: Dec 22, 2021, 08:31 PM »
Thanks for info.  Hopefully this cold locks lake up. 

Offline IcekiddKt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4159 on: Dec 23, 2021, 05:00 AM »
Anyone check jewel or freeman or blue yet?

sihlms391

« Reply #4160 on: Dec 23, 2021, 07:38 AM »
Hopefully it repeats 2017 when Hayden froze. 

Offline Joe34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4161 on: Dec 23, 2021, 11:31 AM »
Ugh! 37 degrees and rain right now! Not looking good.
Hopefully the upcoming cold snap locks up the ice....
Fingers crossed!

Offline Zorty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4162 on: Dec 24, 2021, 03:29 PM »
Anyone checked out round or kelso in the past 24 hours or so?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4163 on: Dec 25, 2021, 09:45 PM »
I'll hopefully be checking Avondale  later Sunday
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline Zorty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4164 on: Dec 25, 2021, 11:02 PM »
Avondale is doing alright bout 2” just checked today, 12/25 by next friday it should be full on ice fishing time

Offline Idahoice77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4165 on: Dec 27, 2021, 06:18 PM »
Just checked Avondale it had about 3 inches at shore looked like it had a lot of foot prints out to the middle !!!!!

sihlms391

« Reply #4166 on: Dec 27, 2021, 07:25 PM »
Thanks for info.  Almost stopped there today.   

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4167 on: Dec 27, 2021, 07:36 PM »
I swung by maiden rock at spirit lake yesterday and it was all wide open still

Offline WinterWizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4168 on: Dec 27, 2021, 08:44 PM »
Yesterday Fernan was 80% open and this am is 80% capped. didn't venture on it though.  At 3:30 pm today Twin Lakes was completely ice capped, both upper and lower. I left my spud at home so only walked a few feet out, hard wind from the west and 19 degrees.

sihlms391

« Reply #4169 on: Dec 28, 2021, 04:13 AM »
Drilled holes end of dock upper twin.  2 inches clear 3 inches snow pack.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.