Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540157 times)

sihlms391

Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #3780 on: Nov 28, 2020, 10:30 PM »
I think there is few ready in Washington.   Just hop we get some by first year.   

Offline plfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3781 on: Nov 29, 2020, 12:53 PM »
There’s been a few cooler nights up north....but temps during the day have been running mostly above freezing.  A couple of days at the Priest Lake airstrip weather station of 40+ and a stretch earlier this week of steady temps around 31-34.  Last night was 17 at the airstrip which will help.  Need a snap of days with highs below freezing and a couple nights in the low teens!  Lows this week at Priest Lake should be in the upper teens with highs in the mid to upper 30s.  The nights will help suck the heat out of the water but it may be a bit before Blue and Chase are fishable.

Offline MT Hank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Fishin Buddy
« Reply #3782 on: Nov 30, 2020, 07:00 PM »
Any info on the ice at Hauser Lake... YET!   ::)

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3783 on: Dec 01, 2020, 11:00 AM »
Any info on the ice at Hauser Lake... YET!   ::)

Driving past Cocolala as I'm typing this and there isn't a speck of ice on it, so I'm assuming Hauser is the same way

Offline MT Hank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Fishin Buddy
« Reply #3784 on: Dec 01, 2020, 07:36 PM »
Thanks Buddy, my fishing partner moved from here in Montana to Post Falls, Idaho so I guess my winter fishing will be in Idaho part time any way...
Any suggestions for ice fishing in Northern Idaho? We are both going to be new to Idaho. I would love to try Cascade but I might be a bit to old for that long and difficult haul from Montana.

Thanks again!

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3785 on: Dec 01, 2020, 10:55 PM »
Thanks Buddy, my fishing partner moved from here in Montana to Post Falls, Idaho so I guess my winter fishing will be in Idaho part time any way...
Any suggestions for ice fishing in Northern Idaho? We are both going to be new to Idaho. I would love to try Cascade but I might be a bit to old for that long and difficult haul from Montana.

Thanks again!

It really depends what your after. Most lakes have your assortment of panfish, however other lakes haver better trout/pike fishing then others and a select few have kokanee

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3786 on: Dec 02, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Kelso, Granite, and round lake were all open water as of last night just an fyi

sihlms391

« Reply #3787 on: Dec 02, 2020, 07:55 PM »
Thanks for info. I hope head up chase  lake Sunday.

Offline aza10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3788 on: Dec 03, 2020, 08:42 PM »
Freeman might be fishable this weekend. I could stand by the dock and it looks like good ice. Left my spud and everything at home so i couldn’t actually get through the ice.  Kelso was mostly capped as of  yesterday.  Need a week of good temps and it will be time to try out all that new gear I bought  :o

sihlms391

« Reply #3789 on: Dec 03, 2020, 09:49 PM »
Thanks for info.  Guess I will check things out this weekend.

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3790 on: Dec 04, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Checked blue today, 1.5-2 at the shore and completely capped

Offline MT Hank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Fishin Buddy
« Reply #3791 on: Dec 04, 2020, 07:08 PM »
It really depends what your after. Most lakes have your assortment of panfish, however other lakes haver better trout/pike fishing then others and a select few have kokanee
Thanks for the info... Most of our fishing has been panfish over here in Montana. Going to try for crappie this winter, we kill them the rest of the year.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3792 on: Dec 05, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Well suprised how many lakes are freezing up all of blanchard, north end of Hayden, and avondale  heck even some of the bays on cda are freezing (making it hard to waterfowl hunt and fish from shore) maybe if we get a couple weeks of cold some of them will be safe
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline gillsonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3793 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:02 PM »
Fished Freeman this AM, 1 1/2 - 2 inches ice had to limit where I could fish as the ice is still very sketchy, Fishing was slow except for a half hour period when we landed a dozen keeper perch then it died, swung by blue lake on the way home and it was a no go at the boat ramp, to thin.

Offline aza10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3794 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:29 PM »
I was thinking of trying my luck in the AM at freeman....guess it will be a spud bar and ice pick kinda morning :-\

Offline smitty661

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3795 on: Dec 06, 2020, 02:44 PM »
Looks like the Clumdog boys are already on hardwater. Here's their video on lower glidden lake.

Offline WinterWizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3796 on: Dec 06, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Drove by Avondale about noon today, maybe 20% iced over 80% open water. Then out to the Hayden's Sportsman access, most of the bay was frozen but only 1" at the boat ramp(actual measurement),  Soon maybe

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3797 on: Dec 06, 2020, 11:42 PM »
Drove by Avondale about noon today, maybe 20% iced over 80% open water. Then out to the Hayden's Sportsman access, most of the bay was frozen but only 1" at the boat ramp(actual measurement),  Soon maybe
looks like im not the only one giving reports on avondale and Hayden   ;😆 hopefully they get thicker i got a bone to pick with both those lakes
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3798 on: Dec 06, 2020, 11:47 PM »
Oh almost forgot was on the pend Oreille river today hunting and there is like 2"-2.5" of clear ice in places held my heavy rear but cracked quite a few time thankfully was only in maybe 2' of water

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3799 on: Dec 08, 2020, 01:57 PM »
I stopped by Round Lake this morning.  100% iced over.  Only an inch or less near the docks so it will be a while, but its a start.  Cocolalla was about 50% frozen over yesterday but the wind opened it up when I went by today.   The weather is just teasing us.

sihlms391

« Reply #3800 on: Dec 08, 2020, 08:32 PM »
Thanks for info.

sihlms391

« Reply #3801 on: Dec 08, 2020, 09:06 PM »
Thanks for info.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3802 on: Dec 11, 2020, 04:05 PM »
Freeman lake(up by oldtown) has 3.5"-4" of ice about 25yards from shore

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3803 on: Dec 11, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Gonna do a lap and check all the Northside lakes Monday

Granite, kelso, round, blue, and Freeman (maybe others of I have time)

I'll let you know what I find, we all know you addicts need your fix worse then a tweaker needs meth 😂

Offline Skookum1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3804 on: Dec 11, 2020, 08:23 PM »

I'll let you know what I find, we all know you addicts need your fix worse then a tweaker needs meth 😂

What am I? Chopped liver now? I thought we were going this weekend...  🤡

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3805 on: Dec 12, 2020, 02:02 AM »
Let me know what they are like got a buddy heading to blue to see if its safe also round is capped with ice and so is Freeman but Kelso and granite I haven't heard good news on

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3806 on: Dec 12, 2020, 12:10 PM »
Jewel lake has 2.5" at dock im not going on it to see if that changes further out im to heavy lol

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3807 on: Dec 12, 2020, 02:57 PM »
Checked Upper Twin this morning.   Totally frozen over with about an inch at the boat ramp.   Lower Twin not so much.  Still mostly open water.

Offline aza10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3808 on: Dec 12, 2020, 03:13 PM »
Round lake is good to go on the northeast 3.5” near shore and almost 4” a ways out.  In between the docks stayed about 3.5”. All clear good ice. Will be back out fishing it shortly.

Offline catskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Why can't it go from warm to instant fishable ice?
« Reply #3809 on: Dec 13, 2020, 12:49 AM »
Has anyone been to Mirror yet?
Doing what I do best, exploiting the natural resources of the world.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.