New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Too Much Snow  (Read 852 times)

Offline NOT ME

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a prodigious achievement!
Too Much Snow
« on: Feb 20, 2021, 02:07 PM »
Got over 2 feet since last night and its still coming. Had to climb up on the roof and shovel out the satellite dishes.  Spent 3 hours plowing out my 700 foot driveway this morning and I have to go out and do it again.  If its falling like this on the lakes it will suck. 
It's stupendous!  It's colossal!  It's putrid!!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Too Much Snow
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2021, 02:58 PM »
That's why a lot of the interior Adirondack lakes are really hard to fish right now. Its a slush fest under deep snow on the ice.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2021, 04:49 PM »
I haven’t fished in a couple weeks to much snow and slush can’t afford to break my quad i am in tioga county on a holl so fat at 100 inches of snow this season

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2021, 07:29 PM »
Got over 2 feet since last night and its still coming. Had to climb up on the roof and shovel out the satellite dishes.  Spent 3 hours plowing out my 700 foot driveway this morning and I have to go out and do it again.  If its falling like this on the lakes it will suck.

I am from WNY and I left the snow as is and got out of Dodge and went fishing.  I said I will deal with it when I return.  30 miles East of WNY they did not get the heavy snow and only an inch or two all day today.  Where I was the bite was OK caught a few good perch for Sunday dinner.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.