New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Clam Shelter TAKEN on Saratoga Lake  (Read 3480 times)

JJ

Clam Shelter TAKEN on Saratoga Lake
« on: Jan 15, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Heard a report of a Clam 5600 being taken by someone on a snowmobile by Brown's Beach last Saturday; happened while the guy was picking up his tipups.  Fish307 is offering to let the person who may have "mistakenly" removed his shelter to drop it off at the store no questions asked.

http://www.fish307.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1314

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
Re: Clam Shelter TAKEN on Saratoga Lake
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2006, 02:53 PM »
wow that takes some balls hope they catch the person and takes away there snowmobile as states evidence for being the get away vehicle

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2006, 03:11 PM »
That's just a combination of being BOLD & STUPID :%$#!:
I am sure the person(s) will get it back when the dumba$$ sobers up and realizes what they did.

Offline wildbrookies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2006, 03:36 PM »

Thats a very stupid and scary thing to do, drunk or sober...sounds more like it was stolen than picked up by accident.....if you can`t trust your fellow outdoorsman ,who can you trust.....I hope the police nail that guy(s) and the poor guys get their shanty back...they are`nt cheap.... :(

And we wonder why sportsmen sometimes have a bad reputation.....I guess there are criminals in all differant walks of life, even fishermen.... :-[

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiney eyes here i come!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Wow thats horrible,Hopefully they will get it back!Thats just plain crazy that someone would take it seeing there are only a few people out there with there sleds..No wonder there has been all sorts of problems out there.One idiot gives us all a bad name!
Trying to become a shiney eye king!

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Wow. What kind of dirtbag would do that. I hope they realize that the guys at Fish 307 are giving them a get out of jail free card and take their one in a lifetime opportunity. People are idiots. >:(

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2006, 07:19 PM »
wow is right Pasqatch that is down right awful. Even more so when you here of folks packing heat on the ice!
I hope they get their shanty back, and I hope the cops get them before they are able  to return it fish307.

(btw fish307 staff that is first class) Thanks for that!

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2006, 07:29 PM »
UN-FREAKING REAL. That is the first time I have ever heard of something like that being done. Hate to say it but thats why im all for "an eye for an eye", because of people like that. Find'em and cut the SOB'S hands right off. Little extreme;maybe, but he won't touch anyone else's s#@t anymore. Stay On Top, Utes

Offline mrlongbeard1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flags up and rods bent...
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2006, 08:26 AM »
Car jacking. Now shanty jacking.Whats next?
When the ice is on. I'm on the ice.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2006, 10:21 AM »
I bet it was already broken down, considering that the guy was picking up to leave...

Offline Lindz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "And the whistle is screaming, terrapin."
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Had to be.  Better not leave your vex or nilsmaster unattended out there unless you've got your own sled or quad to chase the bandit's down. :o 

That's for sure.  Broken down you might think he had a sled with equipment too.  could have been his sled with most of his stuff - the shanty - or double jepordy - both  :o

&                               

Offline thor94

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2006, 10:37 AM »
That's just really pathetic.  You know, i was fishing two weekends ago, and left my stuff unattended for about 10 minutes while i picked someone up.  Now that i know someone stole a clam off the ice, i'll never leave my stuff again.  Just pathetic.

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Had to be.  Better not leave your vex or nilsmaster unattended out there unless you've got your own sled or quad to chase the bandit's down. :o 

or a .243 >:( >:( *****s...

waterguy

« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2006, 12:58 PM »
Well, we can all learn something from all of this put some kind of ID on your shelter so if this happens....you may see you shelter on the ice some day..... then you can not only get your stuff back but you can kick the *&%# out the guy(s)! ;D

That's just really pathetic.  You know, i was fishing two weekends ago, and left my stuff unattended for about 10 minutes while i picked someone up.  Now that i know someone stole a clam off the ice, i'll never leave my stuff again.  Just pathetic.

Offline FATFINDER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2006, 01:13 PM »
I believe that when your on the ice you watch each others back, not only for scumbags but just in case something wrong happens to someone.  Definitely a lesson learned
The next time you go in the outdoors remember to clean up your trash!

bigdave1018

« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2006, 01:57 PM »
sad but true slipbob :-\.

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2006, 02:26 PM »
wow is right Pasqatch that is down right awful. Even more so when you here of folks packing heat on the ice!
I hope they get their shanty back, and I hope the cops get them before they are able  to return it fish307.

(btw fish307 staff that is first class) Thanks for that!

That could very well happen too... to steal someones (especially another ice fisherman) stuff is bolder than brass balls on a monkey.  Too bad he wasnt packing heat!!!

Offline Pounder164

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2006, 05:23 PM »
That is just horrible and i just wish they find them.... Prolly just a one time thing, but i was brainstorming... I fish saratoga often just like you folks do and i have an older model clam like the 5600's. Maybe i will just setup a sting operation off of browns beach every time i go out....  Even though it will be most likely unsuccessful Its worth a shot and if i have a chance to catch them its even more worth it. Just thinking of a way to catch them...

Offline Pounder164

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Im not a good shot  ;D  Ill get them buggers youll see! 

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2006, 06:32 PM »
that inconsidrate disrespectful bull happens everywere two years ago my shanty was set up on chautaqua and some piece of crap sh!t all over my shanty took me 2 hours to clean up the mess and the smell lingered for quite a few days i wish i would have caught them i would have stuffed his diarea right down his throat i have no time for these kind of parasites except to watch them bleed

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 2006, 06:34 PM »
To many jerksout there >:(
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 16, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I'm sure we could rig up a fish trap just like a mouse trap with a big spring to let the canopy arms flip up at a high rate of speed and pin those bad guys to the ice until the  :callcops: arrive , put a six pack of beer on the seat for bait!!  ;D lol

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2006, 09:15 PM »
I'm sure we could rig up a fish trap just like a mouse trap with a big spring to let the canopy arms flip up at a high rate of speed and pin those bad guys to the ice until the  :callcops: arrive , put a six pack of beer on the seat for bait!!  ;D lol

Better read the regs to make sure they are in season and if you are in fact allowed to use bait.  One warning shot to the back off the head will usually fix things.

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 16, 2006, 09:25 PM »
wow,can't say i ever heard of a shack getting stolen. burned, burried,and moved but not stolen.  :'( hope ya get'm

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.