The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Did everyone see this?  (Read 634 times)

Offline jbritch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Did everyone see this?
« on: Mar 01, 2018, 06:53 AM »
"Saturday afternoon,there was a call for an individual that had been reported to have fallen through the ice off the shoreline," Clinton County Emergency Services Director Eric Day said Monday. "An individual was found and removed from the lake."

Mark Stone, 66, of West Chazy, was riding the ATV about 1:30 p.m. Saturday when he fell through the ice at Point Au Roche State Park.

State police, the Clinton County Sheriff's Office, Cumberland Head Fire Department, the Beekmantown Fire Department and Cold Water Rescue responded.

First responders were able to pull Stone and his ATV from the lake.

He was unconscious and transported to the UVM Health Network CVPH, where he was later pronounced dead.

Day said that with the fluctuating temperatures, people should be extra cautious when on or around the region's iced-over lakes, rivers and ponds. He said the significant thaws have brought spring like conditions sooner than usual.

"At this point, given the scenario this past weekend, I think we've probably reached that point now in many locations where there is probably unsafe ice," Day said. "I would always air on the side of caution, at any time of the year, at this point we really recommend folks to be very cautious venturing out onto the ice."

No other information was immediately available.

Offline LittleFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Did everyone see this?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Yea, I heard about this.... very sad. People need to be educated or go with someone that knows the ice. 4-wheelers should be put away with all this warm weather.
Load it, Drive it, Park it
Bait it, Jig it, Hook it
Catch it, Clean it, Cook it
Simply put just get out/ and do it

Offline Hardwater Renegade

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Did everyone see this?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Saw a small blip of this on TV, very sad indeed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.