Author Topic: Moving on from pack basket...  (Read 357 times)

Offline clout03

• IceShanty Rookie
Moving on from pack basket...
« on: Dec 14, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Has anyone used Cabelas Ice Rod bags, need to replace pack basket seems like a much easier to pack and simple alternative.  Like to hear about experiences if any have used them.  Ty in advance

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Moving on from pack basket...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2018, 10:08 AM »
I have the 12 and 6 rod bag.  They are good bags to carry your items.  You will not get that many rods in there though.  When the rods have the spinning reels attached, this takes up a lot of room.  Depending on how many rods you want to carry - you will need to decide what bag to get.  Best if you can - go to Cabelas and grab a few rods off the shelf and put them inside - this will give you an idea of what you can safely carry.  Its plenty long, so your rods may move back/forth.  You can always look to put a sleeve of some sort over your expensive rods or the ones that you don't want the tips to get damaged. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline clout03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2018, 10:12 AM »
I only generally carry two jig rods and tip ups will the tip ups strap down as well or would they not work well with that set up?

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2018, 10:20 AM »
Depends on the style of tip ups.  If they are the rectangular setup - you should be good to fit them in there.  If they are the round, I don't think you will get them in there and close the zipper. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2018, 10:33 AM »
I have the 2 sided cabelas rod bag and love it. 3 rods on each side and pockets for all of my jigs and plastics. I think i picked it up on sale last year for $35.
Just add water.

Offline clout03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Think I'm gonna give it a shot have jack traps that are 26" so should fit height np that'll tuck in a dog sled nicely!  ty again!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.