Author Topic: New Video of Ice Fishing Walleyes on Red Lake - With Panoptix Livescope.  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I am very interested in how the Livescope performs in real life on the ice. It was obvious in watching this video that you could see at least some of the fish close to the bottom at a pretty good distance. I also noticed one guy using a flasher, so there was no interference. He used both.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looks pretty cool, what is the width of the beam. I am sure it depends on depth

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It is over 100 degrees. I liked how both guys showed up on the same screen.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The depth was only 2.1'?

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
It does unreal. I used it last weekend in 8', could see walleyes coming around on the bottom from about 40'.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It does unreal. I used it last weekend in 8', could see walleyes coming around on the bottom from about 40'.

Smokin... ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Jkoht

• Team IceShanty Regular
So I've seen a lot of talk about panoptix but I really don't know a whole lot about it. What's the maximum range you can use it? Is there an optimum working depth? Is it shooting the signal at an angle towards the bottom, or is it a straight down angle? I noticed too that the video mostly showed 2.1 ft, was that accurate? At one point you can see the depth going from 1 ft to 13 ft and back again a couple times so is that an auto zoom feature showing you the bottom?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The max depth is over 100 feet and over 100 feet sideways in frontview mode to scout the area. it can me oriented down or front. The 2 foot was something wrong with the guy's settings. While there are many auto settings, currently there is no zoom feature.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Bull_Gill_Mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've been kicking this around but the only thing holding me back is the size and weight of the whole setup.... Gunflint what is all needed to get the livescope set up for ice?  Batteries etc. it looks like he has another cord wrapped around his tent pole and going back to his sled is that for another battery??

I'm also interested to see lowrances version of this coming out before I pop on one?  Does the livescope also give you an option to go to the traditional panoptix?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I've been kicking this around but the only thing holding me back is the size and weight of the whole setup.... Gunflint what is all needed to get the livescope set up for ice?  Batteries etc. it looks like he has another cord wrapped around his tent pole and going back to his sled is that for another battery??

I'm also interested to see lowrances version of this coming out before I pop on one?  Does the livescope also give you an option to go to the traditional panoptix?

I bought the
  - Echomap Plus 93SV (including the Boat transducer and cables)
  - Ice Kit (ice transducer, battery, bag)
  - Livescope (box, transducer, cables)
  - Livescope aiming post/mount

I used the 12 AH lead battery that came with the ice kit to power my flip-over shanty. It was heavy and limited when used with Livescope.  Instead I went with the Milwaukee M18 (18 volt 12AH battery) this has 50% more power/watts than the 12V battery. It is very light, compact, and easy to pull from the kit to charge over night. I use  the same battery on my Milwaukee drill and so have redundancy.

As I understand it, the Lowrance system will be over $5,000 and require all new head units. I am sure it will be awesome, but more expensive than the Garmin.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have the regular panoptix, the ability to see fish is within 100ft, but it’s good for seeing bottom much further than that for navigation. Oh, that’s another great thing about foward facing sonar, if your lakes not mapped, you can still follow a contour fairly well if your trolling. Only sorta kicking myself for not waiting before I got mine back in August. Even if it was for this years panoptix pack with the echomap plus model with touch screen. Oh well, I’ll prob see if I can get into a deal like the current sale on the 93 next year then see where the upgrades go from there.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'd like to see it in heavy weeds, trees or brush

Catchin' Fish

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'd like to see it in heavy weeds, trees or brush

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yup...go big or go home.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
it just needs to be smaller lighter cheaper now lol

Catchin' Fish

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Well that is kool! Way to much stuff for me! Can afford it don’t want it. I will stay with a small amount of mystery! Don’t rag on me, I still think fishing with the fl-8 was cheating. ;D
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.